This makes me embarrassed to live in Eugene...

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
UO student sues for right to carry gun on campus

- 25-year-old Brian Stubbs contends Oregon law allows people with concealed weapons permits to carry guns in any public place -- except a state or municipal courtroom.

(Eugene-AP) -- A University of Oregon student is suing for what he says is his right to carry a gun on campus.

Guns have been banned from campuses in Oregon for decades, but Stubbs' lawyer says tradition does NOT carry the force of law.

Lawyers from the university system declined to comment on specifics of the suit but said the concern is over safety of students.

The lawsuit is expected to be filed Thursday in federal court in Eugene.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Once again proving someone will sue somebody over ANYTHING!

rolleye.gif

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
This is valid, to an extent. Although his argument is weak. But I don't want to turn this into a flame war, so I might as well pretend I found this funny and say "lol". :)

Amorphus

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2003
Oh, ok, I thought you said "this makes me embarassed to live in europe" and I was like "wtf^^"

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I agree that it's a valid point. If society wants to make this illegal, pass a law against it.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Eh, buch of weirdos down in Eugene I tell you ;) Seriously, wth would you want to pack on campus? Scared of something? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: flxnimprtmscl
Eh, buch of weirdos down in Eugene I tell you ;) Seriously, wth would you want to pack on campus? Scared of something? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

My point exactly.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001

There have been a few different rapes on campus grounds in the last few years, I can (perhaps) see the need for protection.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Orsorum

There have been a few different rapes on campus grounds in the last few years, I can (perhaps) see the need for protection.

But this is a GUY suing. If it was a WOMAN I could understand.

To the best of my knowledge, there hasn't been any gay rapes. Or if there was, the news didn't cover it very much. ;)

Shaftatplanetquake

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
Well, lets not forget that it is hard to make the statement, "I was gayraped last Tuesday" and still look cool.

Perhaps Brian Stubbs was infact gayraped but was too ashamed to admit it.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Shaftatplanetquake
Well, lets not forget that it is hard to make the statement, "I was gayraped last Tuesday" and still look cool.

Perhaps Brian Stubbs was infact gayraped but was too ashamed to admit it.

Possible I suppose.

Not likely but possible.

I think he just has a little Johnson and wants to pack heat to make up for it. ;)

js1973

Dec 8, 2000
I have a serious question. What makes a college campus any more or less dangerous than any other place in the United States? Or is that not the point?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: js1973
I have a serious question. What makes a college campus any more or less dangerous than any other place in the United States? Or is that not the point?

I think it's more a matter of maturity.

Look how many H/S shootings there have been lately.

A LARGE number of people at the U of O haven't been out of H/S all THAT long themselves.

I for one don't care to have anyone in that age group packing heat on a daily basis.

At least not anywhere around ME!

RossGr

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2000
It seems very unEugeneish.

If this were at OIT or in someplace like Elgin I would understand.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Ameesh
you should be more emabrresed to live in oregon in general
:frown::disgust:

And Washington is different how? :p

Not sure if you were being sarcastic or not I guess...