This kind of mind set worries me

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

In addition to all the other bullshit in the article, it's finished with this:

Mark Villalta said he had been stockpiling firearms, in case Mr. Trump’s re-election is not successful.

“Nothing less than a civil war would happen,” Mr. Villalta said, his right hand reaching for a holstered handgun. “I don’t believe in violence, but I’ll do what I got to do.”

Reactions: skyking

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016

‘Nothing Less Than a Civil War’: These White Voters on the Far Right See Doom Without Trump

In addition to all the other bullshit in the article, it's finished with this:
If I had the money and didn't live in a HUB apartment I would stock up on some firearms and ammo just in case the Alt-Right and Far-Right decides to launch The 2nd American Civil War.

Notice how both of them are the only ones predicting civil war if Trump loses.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Yea, I've posted in a few threads that if Trump loses it will get very, very ugly. Of course dip-shit would never admit to a fair defeat at the polls, he will whip up these morons by claiming illegals "stole" the election. WTF that idiot would do with his handgun is unknown, start shooting anything that's not white?.

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yes, I agree. This type of rhetoric, supported by the president himself, is very dangerous. It's the same way for all the messages and offhand remarks that encourage his devoted cult members to view their fellow american's as enemies.

Reactions: Vic and DarthKyrie

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
The far right is getting angrier and (slightly) more numerous everywhere, right across the globe.

I don't believe it's going to be a civil war, but any successor to Trump is probably going to have to deal with some sort of upsurge in murderous right-wing terrorism and just plain everyday racist criminal thuggery. What bothers me is how far it might permeate into the parts of the state that are supposed to address such criminality.

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
There's always idiots trying to scream loud enough to make someone notice them. I blame the NYT for giving them a bigger platform and ratcheting up the drama. Arizona is NOT a battleground. Mojave county has zero impact on the State other than to reinforce Maricopa county which already controls the State making it a dyed in the wool red state.

Reactions: KMFJD

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
A civil war?

What are they going to do? I don't take any of their statements seriously.

A lot of impotent wailing IMO.

I could see an uptick in rw extremist criminality and scattered attacks, but I'd hope a real AG and FBI would also go after them.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I'm with Bitek -- I'm not so much worried about Trump rallying opposition as I am about racists and other extremists using a Trump defeat as a "last hurrah" for violence before responsible government comes back.

Nov 17, 2019
What y'all need to be worried about is the proliferation of orange sucking asswipes within local governments and public safety organizations that would be more than willing to break with law and order norms and support an uprising. There are a significant number of elected Sheriffs for example that rational citizens should fear will defect.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
They will call it a civill war you will call them domestic terrorists.
It could have long lasting consequences .. I wouldnt meh it.

Reactions: pmv and Jaskalas

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I would actually like to see these idiots go up against us army.

That's not how the world works. Their aim would be to turn the United States into Afghanistan. That is not done by squaring off against an army. It is done through terrorism. By hitting supplies and causing further civil unrest. Breaking us into tribal fragments long before people stand their ground in open warfare. It is the violence, the fear, and the abject terror that they want to cause. And there will be no denying them that if this is what what they truly want.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Yeah, I've heard this before, the Only My Guy Can Win affliction, where Trump is also above the law. Banana repuglican hallucinations are things to pity, not fear.

Tough shit morons. You want to become the right wing terrorists you've been denying exist while committing suicide in the process? Have at it. I won't complain about so much idiocy removing itself from the gene pool. Eat a bullet/bomb or fuck off to Russia, either way good fucking riddance to you treasonous asshats.

Reactions: soulcougher73
Nov 17, 2019
Imagine rogue Sheriffs deputizing hundreds of these knuckleheads in the OP, thus making their hateful acts 'legitimate'.

And remember, a lot of them are already in groups like the National Guard and State Police. If they decide to defect, it could get real ugly real quick.

And let's not forget the war criminals who have been elevated to campaign mouthpieces.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Imagine rogue Sheriffs deputizing hundreds of these knuckleheads in the OP, thus making their hateful acts 'legitimate'.

And remember, a lot of them are already in groups like the National Guard and State Police. If they decide to defect, it could get real ugly real quick.

And let's not forget the war criminals who have been elevated to campaign mouthpieces.

Imagine how much lube and sex toys Prime will show up with, instead of requested provisions.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
These shit stains don't want me to fight then, I would hunt them down like the trash they are.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Well, damn! I don't intend to keep a high profile, so I don't much incline to even "semi-auto". But maybe I should start shopping for that .458 Magnum Weatherby Dangerous Game ("Elephant") bolt-action I've coveted for so long. And maybe a good pump-action shot-gun.

Things can't get much worse than waking up every day to see that slug on the TEE-VEE and becoming so nauseous that you push away a full 'Murican breakfast with biscuits and sausage gravy on the side. I actually got sick twice this morning: generally over Trump, and then again over the college admissions scandal and the eye-opener of how the Ivy Leagues were never originally intended to serve "regular 'Muricans".

What's the world comin' to? "Who woulda imagined our Texas children walkin' down the street with bones in their noses and green hair?!" Or MAGA hats and "Latinos for Trump" shirts?!

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
People support and enable dictators because they are afraid - they fear being imprisoned, overrun by the "other" or killed etc. Trump wields tremendous power, but the man himself is a pussy. These followers of Trump are being conned and they don't realize it or just don't care.

Reactions: tweaker2 and Pohemi

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Well, damn! I don't intend to keep a high profile, so I don't much incline to even "semi-auto". But maybe I should start shopping for that .458 Magnum Weatherby Dangerous Game ("Elephant") bolt-action I've coveted for so long. And maybe a good pump-action shot-gun.

Things can't get much worse than waking up every day to see that slug on the TEE-VEE and becoming so nauseous that you push away a full 'Murican breakfast with biscuits and sausage gravy on the side. I actually got sick twice this morning: generally over Trump, and then again over the college admissions scandal and the eye-opener of how the Ivy Leagues were never originally intended to serve "regular 'Muricans".

What's the world comin' to? "Who woulda imagined our Texas children walkin' down the street with bones in their noses and green hair?!" Or MAGA hats and "Latinos for Trump" shirts?!

That's a Winchester, not a Weatherby. But either is overkill for terrorists, whereas that 12 gauge will do the job just fine. Big bore rifle kick makes shotgun recoil seem tame too. I'd skip that purchase if I were you. Your wallet, shoulder, neck and non-detached retina will all thank you.

Law enforcement and National Guard will take care of it should the idiots get froggy. They won't really need any assistance handling the newly armed arm chair warriors dumb enough to commit armed sedition and treason.