This Just in,

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
CNN posted a funny news report in the technology Section Apparently kids are starting to say "b4, cya, lol" and every other annoying IM phrase in their essays. One educator in the story thought they should be applauded for "inventing a new language ideal for communicating in a high-tech world".

First off, I know this is not big news, but still why the heck is it being reported? I know of kids that, before the IM became really big, where horrible at writing anything. Should we applaud them for their creativity with the English language? NO! Fail the suckers and train them to use correct grammar. I don't want a technical report of cutting edge technology to contain phrases like "b4 P4 ther wuz P3, now wev got da conroe" How on earth does that help a person to communicate in a high tech world? [/rant]

I guess if they are reporting on that, that means there is not much else going on in the high tech world right now.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Cogman
Apparently kids are starting to say "b4, cya, lol" and every other annoying IM phrase in their essays. One educator in the story thought they should be applauded for "inventing a new language ideal for communicating in a high-tech world".

OMG! WTF?

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Apparently kids are starting to say "b4, cya, lol" and every other annoying IM phrase in their essays. One educator in the story thought they should be applauded for "inventing a new language ideal for communicating in a high-tech world".

OMG! WTF?

LOL!

blackllotus

Golden Member
May 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh

OMG! WTF?

do u hav a problem??!! cuz i agree wit him. this chat is rly smart kthxbi

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The moving finger writes and having writ moves on. All this carping is noise shouted into the wind.