This Just Breaks My Heart

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Officer Charged in Murder of Son, 8, Kept in Freezing Garage, Police Say

I struggled with whether to post this or not. It's simply sad and disgusting. In the end, I decided that to not post this was to look away and ignore what happened to this innocent young 8 year old . . . at the hands of his parents, no less! The light of truth needs to be shined on such depraved acts.

To my dying day, I will never understand how people not in a psychotic break could ever even begin to act with this much cruelty. I can't begin to get my head around it.

I know there will be several posters expressing their outrage and horror by advocating violence upon the parents. It is tempting to respond this way, in the moment. All I can say is, not me. Violence begets violence. An eye for an eye, and soon, the whole world is blind.

That said, I do hope this couple is removed from society and made to spend some years reflecting on just who they are and what they have done. :( :( :(

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Officer Charged in Murder of Son, 8, Kept in Freezing Garage, Police Say

I struggled with whether to post this or not. It's simply sad and disgusting. In the end, I decided that to not post this was to look away and ignore what happened to this innocent young 8 year old . . . at the hands of his parents, no less! The light of truth needs to be shined on such depraved acts.

To my dying day, I will never understand how people not in a psychotic break could ever even begin to act with this much cruelty. I can't begin to get my head around it.

I know there will be several posters expressing their outrage and horror by advocating violence upon the parents. It is tempting to respond this way, in the moment. All I can say is, not me. Violence begets violence. An eye for an eye, and soon, the whole world is blind.

That said, I do hope this couple is removed from society and made to spend some years reflecting on just who they are and what they have done. :( :( :(
The sad truth is that with at least one of the parents, this was learned behavior, meaning they were also abused.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
Here is something to do about it:

learn about TBRI and other trauma based parenting techniques. Read "The Boy who was raised as a Dog" and anything by Karen Purvis.

Go to a local foster parent information session and see if you can handle helping, loving and caring for just one kid, or several if you can. If that does not work, sign up to be a foster parent helper and use the techniques above to love on those kids, fulfill their needs and give the foster parents support for doing the hardest things you can ever imagine, taking care of and loving with your whole self a child that is traumatized.

Every time they smile at you, or you say yes to them, or they get a positive reaction, or their needs for food or care are met with love and affection, or you get through a night of panic attacks and screaming, you are literally rewiring their brain for the better.

break the cycle for one kid, or several and you are contributing to society something special.

Former foster parent.

Nov 8, 2012
It really is cringey just reading this shit in the article.

I've held my daughters in my hands on a few occasions and at certain points definitely had irrational moments of thinking (for whatever reason) - such as having a loud crying 2 month old in front of you at 3:00 AM with no sleep. Then I snap back to reality and realize it's a fucking baby.

I can't imagine what has to go through someone head to harm their own children.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

learn about TBRI and other trauma based parenting techniques. Read "The Boy who was raised as a Dog" and anything by Karen Purvis.

Go to a local foster parent information session and see if you can handle helping, loving and caring for just one kid, or several if you can. If that does not work, sign up to be a foster parent helper and use the techniques above to love on those kids, fulfill their needs and give the foster parents support for doing the hardest things you can ever imagine, taking care of and loving with your whole self a child that is traumatized.

Every time they smile at you, or you say yes to them, or they get a positive reaction, or their needs for food or care are met with love and affection, or you get through a night of panic attacks and screaming, you are literally rewiring their brain for the better.

break the cycle for one kid, or several and you are contributing to society something special.

Former foster parent.

Bravo.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Former foster parent.

You're a better person than most. Thank you.