This is why I love France.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaiynne
This is why i love france,

Total distibution of bibles in France for 2000 71,382/58,978,172 = 1 bible per thousand people
Total distibution of bibles in US for 2000 4,113,106/281,421,906 pop = 1 bible per hundred people

So following the highly dubious nature of this thread i am going to go out on a limb and say that, on average french people are 10 times smarter than americans. This is obviously contingent on the fact that for every bible distributed there is at least one person who is stupider for having recieved it, and if there is one thing we can all agree on i think that fact may well be it.

all statistics from www.biblesocieties.org.

LOL, nice one

fell8

Nov 12, 2001

Total distibution of bibles in France for 2000 71,382/58,978,172 = 1 bible per thousand people
Total distibution of bibles in US for 2000 4,113,106/281,421,906 pop = 1 bible per hundred people

So following the highly dubious nature of this thread i am going to go out on a limb and say that, on average french people are 10 times smarter than americans. This is obviously contingent on the fact that for every bible distributed there is at least one person who is stupider for having recieved it, and if there is one thing we can all agree on i think that fact may well be it.

You don't have to be a christian to find good lessons and knowledge in the Bible. The problem with most of the moronic Bible-thumpers is that they completely miss the point as they've never actually read it. You obviously haven't (I'm not implying you're christian).

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003

Yep, nothing's worse than the word of God
rolleye.gif
Your comments lead me to point to 2 Peter 3:3 (not for the first time in this forum) as evidence of the days in which we live.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3

rolleye.gif
Your comments lead me to point to 2 Peter 3:3 (not for the first time in this forum) as evidence of the days in which we live.

Yep, sometimes there is nothing worse than self-righteous religious fanatics. Ashcroft would be an obvious example.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
Isn't Ann Coulter's new book Treason a best seller?

I rest my case.

<--prays for coulter to go away pat robertson style

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
rolleye.gif

So many ways in which I could respond.

Do you honestly believe that scoffers are unique only in present-day America? Why don't you put down your Bible and go read some history books first.

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
Anyone who believes that Bin Ladin stripped security over Washington DC on sept. 11th *IS* a conspiracy theorist. There has been 0 evidence to support this, and Bin Ladin does not have that kind of power.

4 planes highjacked by 'boxcutters', then flown around in the air for 45 minutes. After each plane hit it's target, the other one made a hard turn immediatly and headed for it's target, these people we're in constant communication with each other. The information we recieved about the terrorists was false as fake IDs were used. At a BARE MINIMUM, we should have had enough security to at least stop the 3rd plane from hitting the Pentagon after the other 2 already crashed in. The center of global nuclear warfare was hit and the white house was targeted. You guys who claim this was all some evil muslim extremist, are just like the german population who believed the Reishtag fire was caused by commies, and not by the Nazis themselves.

Warin

Sep 6, 2001
got your tinfoil hat, Kamazon?

It's far more likely that the events of September 11th were caused by ignorance and complacancy than any conspiracy.

Occams Razor.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

rolleye.gif

Is it the end of the world yet? I really want to go out apocalypse-style. Can Dubya help that happen faster? 'Cause if so, I'm gonna vote for him. ;)

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

rolleye.gif

Is it the end of the world yet? I really want to go out apocalypse-style. Can Dubya help that happen faster? 'Cause if so, I'm gonna vote for him. ;)

Well, if Moonbeam is correct in saying that Bush is the anti-christ then the times are upon us. Do as you wish as it won't matter in a short while.

rolleye.gif

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

rolleye.gif

Well, if Moonbeam is correct in saying that Bush is the anti-christ then the times are upon us. Do as you wish as it won't matter in a short while.

rolleye.gif

CkG

Yeah, Moonbeam's probably right. He usually is.

KAMAZON

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
www.alirazeghi.com
Originally posted by: Warin
got your tinfoil hat, Kamazon?

It's far more likely that the events of September 11th were caused by ignorance and complacancy than any conspiracy.

Occams Razor.

You got ANYTHING at all to back that up? I give some back up poitns to mine, you need to do the same. I'm really not intrested in anyones personal uneducated opinion, unless there's some form of backup.