This is what the Moto Droid X2 looks like

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
http://www.themobizone.com/content/motorola-droid-x2-pics-and-specs?

This device is a follow up to the ever popular Droid X that many of us, myself included, love. I won't spend much time boring you with the details... So here's the specs as I know them:

* NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core 1GHz processor
* 1GB RAM
* QHD LCD Display - 540 x 960 Resolution (Same as Motorola Bionic)
* 3G Only - No LTE/4G
* 8MP Rear Facing Camera (No Front Cam)
* Froyo (Android 2.2) - Could get Gingerbread (Adnroid 2.3) before launch
* New Moto Blur (Same as Droid Bionic)
* FM Radio
* Locked/Encrypted BootLoader
* Launch in Q2 of 2011
* No Hardware Camera button

I'm not overly interested in the X2, personally. The locked bootloader/Moto Blur combo is a pretty solid deal breaker, however, the lack of LTE is a big one for me too. I live in a city with live LTE service, so I'm going to want a phone with that ability. Well, pending pricing anyway.

Something about this picture though. Makes it look extremely thick.

DX2_12.jpg

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
while this would be pretty sweet for me seeing as we wont have LTE here until its 100% nationwide, the fact that its running blur and locked bootloader means i wont touch it

Via

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2009
I figure my X will last me for a long time. They'll probably have quad core and 3d phones by the time I feel like upgrading.

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I don't get why they wouldn't make it LTE.

Because thats what the Bionic is for. Bionic is like the same phone but with an LTE chip. Probably going to have to pay extra for LTE service so if you aren't able to use it then theres no point in having said phone.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
"Hey guys, lets put this extremely overpowered hardware in this phone that doesn't have half the capabilities that other phones have." "Yeah, man, that's a great idea, then a couple of months later we'll release a phone that has slightly more capabilities and the same hardware for even more money!"

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
I have dx and its great im not sure I need an upgrade to another 3g phone. 3g speeds are pretty good for web browsing mobile sites

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Motorola has made the Droid Bionic for the LTE crowd. And they are offering the Droid X2 for the crowd that doesn't care about LTE, yet still wants all the same hardware.

This doesn't bode well for the hope of the Bionic having an unlocked bootloader. Maybe, maybe, oh just maybe. I seriously doubt it, but would be in love with Motorola if they made that correct move.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Got the DroidX the day it came out, now i am moving to a village in Canada that has 175 residents and no CDMA service :\