This is turning out to be the worst week of my life !!!

BGod

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
1,373
35
91
  1. I've had to put in a load of overtime at work trying to get our year end closed.

    The computer I sold Wednesday will not shut off even after applying the patch. (Win98se shutdown problem)

    When I went to set the machine up, they didn't have a PS2 keyboard and Wal-Mart was out too.

    While heading over to Dad's to fix his machine I got a speeding ticket.

    After everything I tried to get Dad's machine to quit going into sleep mode, it still does it.

    Thursday night I headed over with a floppy to flash Dad's BIOS to the latest and greatest. Upon finishing the flash sucessfully I rebooted the machine and all I get is a blank black screen.

    I took one of my other machines over so Dad would have something to use. Tried for an hour to get his NEC SuperScript 870 laser printer to work, nada.

    It feels like I'm about to pass my third kidney stone within the last 13 months. :|

    North Dakota State Singles Pool Tournament is in town this weekend and I still don't have a new tip on my pool stick.

    All the pieces haven't shown up yet to put my AMD 1.2GHz Thunderchicken together.

I really could use some better luck or just plain good news about now!

<UPDATE>
I got a tip on my stick at midnight Thursday. Took Friday afternoon off from work, took a long over due nap then shot with the new tip. Things are finally starting to look up.

Dad called the company he bought the Asus CUSL-2 from to get an RMA. They only warranty them for 30 days, so he's e-mailed Asus to get an RMA. The machine I lent him is working out fine.

The pain I was having that felt like a kidney stone, must have just been stress. The pain went away after my nap today.

Keyboard finally showed up at Wal-Mart today. And I talked Dad into getting the MS Intellimouse Optical USB. I got tired of cleaning the gunk out of his Intellimouse PS2 for him.

Thank you all for the kind words! It's nice to know there's someone there, even if it's only in cyberspace! :D
 

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
2,894
2
76
Geesh Bgod. And I thought I had some problems. I hope you get those things taken care of and maybe we could help you with some of it. Or something... Maybe I will take care of the ticket if you take care of the bogus stop sign ticket I got the other day. :p

Good luck and let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Wolfie
 

NicColt

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2000
4,362
0
71
If you have just a little bit of money in the bank, you can see, have your arms and legs, are able to read and write and are innoculated against polio and tuburculoses, have access to medicine and your country is not at war. Your in the top 8% of living the best life has to offer on this planet. Just think of the other 92% and your week will not be that bad after all.
 

BGod

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
1,373
35
91
NicColt, Try passing a kidney stone without MORPHINE !!!
 

Wellcky

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2000
1,499
2
81
Sorry to hear that btu when the next TA Fly in/Drive in comes around I'll be ready!!

My sad little new toy :( click Mr.Sad Jr
 

Fatdog

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2000
1,001
0
76
I feel your pain BGod, I passed two within a month. The first was 6 mm, the second was 10mm. Nothing like the relief that comes when it finally passes. Oh, and I'm waiting on my T-bird chip to come in too.
 

dawks

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
5,071
2
81
Sorry to hear that BGod :(

-----------

O/T, but, I drink alot of pop, I heard that causes them damn stones.. true? I really dont want them.. ugh
 

IsOs

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
4,475
0
76
Drink some cold clear water.

Hope you'll have a better day ahead.
 

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
10,436
1
0
NicColt is right - I'm very glad I live in the USA - the best country on the entire PLANET!! :)


 

Jator

Golden Member
Jun 14, 2000
1,445
7
81


<< North Dakota State Singles Pool Tournament is in town this weekend and I still don't have a new tip on my pool stick. >>

:Q

Maybe this will cheer you up a little. I've switched all my home machines back to RC5. ;)

Seriously, hope things get better real soon.
 

Kilowatt

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
1,272
0
0
/me slaps BGod with my Trout-o-matic Snap out of it MAN! ;)

Put up another RC5 box, that'll make you feel better. :)