This Is The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime. Again?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
WARNING....
From time to time I like to play devils advocate.
And from time to time I think its important to look for some good, anything good within ones opponent.
Thus,
This Is The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime.
Right?
If I remember this is what they said when GW Bush first ran for president.
Those words coming from the left and from people such as Michael Moore.
I remember Michael Moore often saying and warning that "This Is The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime"
during other presidential elections. Well... most of them actually.
They said this when Obama was running, however that warning was not against Obama, that warning was against electing McCain and Palin.
God forbid they would be elected....
Well folks, here we go once again.
Yet another Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime according to Moore and according to most liberals.

That was all before the Thanksgiving day surprise where Donald Trump took flight, spending some 13 hours in the air off to visit the troops over in Afghanistan.
That was a really nice thing to do.
Isn't that a nice thing to do...?
Apparently, kind of a tradition for the sitting president to sneak off spending many hours in the air to visit our troops somewhere across the globe on a holiday.
Bush did it. Obama did it. I think Clinton did it. And probably Reagan did it too.
SO while the country impatiently impeaches and seeks to remove from office our current president Donald Trump, again the warning goes out
This Is The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime.
And I don't know, but I kinda feel sorry for the guy.
I actually feel sorry for this clueless chump America elected as their president.
Just look at the mug shot below....

Is that not the most pathetic look on his face?
Doesn't he kinda look like your own gramps sitting at your table on your Thanksgiving day?
Does his sad look on Donald's face, that old wrinkled bloated look kind of hit you..... right there (points at the heart)?
Doesn't that sad look just cry out for sympathy, for a little forgiveness, for one kind thought, for one kind word?
Wouldn't YOUR own elderly papa deserve at least THAT MUCH?
Is Donald Trump so terribily different?
Just look at him. Just look at that face.
True, Donald is up there in age. And true, the high office has taken its toll on this guy.
Donald doesn't know how much longer he may have on this earth, and neither do we.
And by the looks of things lately, and with considering that face in the photo below, if I were Donald Trump I'd be worried too.

So then, on this day of family and Thanksgiving let us think some kind thoughts about the old guy in the photo.
The guy whose wrinkled ass is about to be impeached.
The guy involved in what Michael Moore describes as The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime.
And with remembering.... they also said this about GW Bush, and McCain/Palin, and probably Ronnie Reagan too, and now... Donald Trump.
If Bush and McCain and Reagan were feared so badly then why now would liberals gladly trade GW BUSH for a second term of Donald Trump?
Or trade a president McCain/Palin?
Or trade a Ronnie Reagan?
Were those past presidents really so bad?
Were those past elections really The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime?
Could it be, just maybe, that Donald isn't so bad after all AND with considering but not yet knowing what freak-show of a president we might have to endure in the future once Donald Trump leaves office, however he leaves office.

If Michael Moore feels that Donald Trump has been so terribly awful, and that Donald's re-election as The Most Important Presidential Election In Your Lifetime, they how will we feel when someone like, oh say, like.... Kanye West is our president?
After Kanye West becomes president one day will the people say, "god, if we only had Donald Trump back in there....."

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.21.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-29 at 2.21.12 AM.jpg

Last edited:

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Just need to add '...so far' to the end of each of those and they are perfectly justifiable.

The trouble is, more or less since Reagan, the Republicans keep managing to outdo themselves, and pick even-worse candidates than the previous one.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I remember when this was first broadcast

Little did we know how much worse, and more inarticulate, Republican Presidents would get.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
if this one doesn't go the right way nature will starve us out, so, probably is.

Reactions: Muse

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Perhaps like the boy who cried wolf? Anybody who thinks the 2020 election is NOT the most important is pretty clueless . . .

And for those 100,000,000 or so who are registered or just eligible and who don't vote -- it would certainly BE their most important election for their lifetime so far, if they woke up soon and chose to participate . . . .

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Things become more dramatic as the Empire crumbles.
What would be amazing would be untying the empire on our own accord.
Unfortunately I think the hardliners are unable to just let go. Better We only recover shreds of ourselves, then we let our fists loosen and get our whole hand back.

Reactions: sandorski

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
Well, one could argue the last election was the most important. If not for the archaic electoral college handing that one to Trump, we would not be desperately hoping that enough people come to their senses and get out and vote to remove the deranged egomaniac currently in office.

Reactions: IronWing and Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well, one could argue the last election was the most important. If not for the archaic electoral college handing that one to Trump, we would not be desperately hoping that enough people come to their senses and get out and vote to remove the deranged egomaniac currently in office.
Yes, still, as much as my faith in America took a gut punch in 2016, it would probably be the death blow to it if that SOB "wins" again in 2020.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
No, 2016 was. It's a little late now. You can't just undo all the shit Trump has done. Some of it sure, but our reputation on the international stage is tarnished for a long time to come. Even if we restore competence to the WH other nations can't trust that we won't vote another idiot right back in in another 4 years.

Reactions: Muse and Jaskalas

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I can see a good argument for why 2016 was more important but I still think 2020 can be, depending on what happens afterwards. 2016 established that you can be a blatant felon while president and our system as currently constituted will basically let you get away with it. While that's horrifying, it was also in many ways already baked in to the Republican Party, it just took someone willing to do it to come along.

2020 can matter a great deal though, depending on if a Democrat wins and how willing they are to hold Trump and his administration to account. If they allow federal law enforcement to aggressively prosecute the outgoing administration, up to and including Trump himself, then 2020 could do a great deal to restore the rule of law and the Constitution. It's not as good a remedy as Congress removing the criminal president but seeing the prior one go to prison would send a powerful message that abuse of office is still not tolerated.

I couldn't say how likely that is but the next president will have a unique opportunity to restore America. I hope they take it.

cirrrocco

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2004
Hopefully that's a nightmare we'll wake up from before it becomes reality.
A lot more people in the non coast states have to wake up before this can become a reality
Also the dem leadership needs to connect with the non coastal populace and get them to the voting booth. God/ Guns and Gays are still deciding these voters and they believe in a president who likely has never owned a gun, does not believe in god and has a lot of gay friends.