This is the Future, This is the Future, Future is Now:

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
The year is 2001, have we really advanced into what is known as the "future" Looking back we have, but are we moving slowly? From A-tracks to mp3s devices, From Thomas Guides to Navigational Systems. Whats next with Technology?

What ouput or result would like to see in the next 50-100 years?

For me, I've always wanted someone to invent a dream recording machine. Just picture it. When going to sleep, you attach this cool little chip beside your temple, as it waits for the detection of a dream. There would be no worry of it falling off because it would be attached with this cool future glue;). Than in the morning, you realized you had this wierd dream but you can't really remember the details so you are forced to summaries the damn thing and then the next day you pretty much forget about it. But with this new "chip" imagine waking up the next day and being able to transmit the information it recorded, (sound, color and everything) into your computer or some type of dream machine, and it then took about 1-2 mins and boom, you get to see it and then convert it into .mpeg or .avi format.

WOULDN"T THAT BE COOOOOOOOOOOL!? I guess i should stop 'dreaming' hehe.
/

DannyLove

konichiwa

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Problem with your "dream recording machine" is that most dreams last less than 5 seconds. If you tried to watch it while you were concious it would be about 5 seconds long. At least, I think that's the case. ;)

Pastore

Diamond Member
Feb 9, 2000

<< .mpeg or .avi >>

I am guessing that by the time this technology is available, these video formats are going to be extinct... :)

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000

<< What ouput or result would like to see in the next 50-100 years? >>

For us to land on Mars...and you know, find cool stuff there...like aliens, and so forth.

Killbat

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
&quot;I think you mean 8-track.&quot;

Dear Lord, how old (young) are you, Danny? A-tracks? :):D

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Similar to a dream machine, I think it would be cool if we could control the content of our dreams and make them whatever we want. You could dream about anything.

schola

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Many people have learned to control their dreams now. It's called lucid dreaming. There are several tecniques used to achieve this. Basically you realise you are asleep while you dream, but don't wake up. A simple way to do this is to repeatedly tell yourself you are asleep while you are awake. Everytime you think about it through the day, tell yourself you are asleep. Eventually you will tell yourself you are asleep while you are dreaming, and then you will be able to control your dreams, with practise. Have a nice day:)

mikysee

Dec 21, 2000
You can contorl what you dream if it is lucid. It's happened to me a few times.

mastaki11a

Golden Member
Jan 13, 2001
Are you kidding? Is that really possible? And won't people think i'm weird if I walk around saying &quot;I'm awake :)

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
yea i did mean 8-track :eek:

gee guys, thanks for actually answering the question. I can't post anything without being somewhat brought down, JUST ANSWER THE FREAKIN QUESTION AND THATS THAT. okay so your right maybe we wont have those formats just your missing the whole idea here! god, you people suck!

CromNogger

Jan 26, 2001
Hey no need to get hostile here :)

That dream idea would be cool .. I'd rather just control my dreams, rather than watch them afterwards though. I've had a few dreams where I could control some things, but they didn't last too long and that was several years ago. I wish I could do it now.. :(

RaDragon

Diamond Member
May 23, 2000
lirion -- so that's what it's called (lucid dreaming)? i've been having those type of dreams lately where i basically &quot;jump in and out&quot; of my dream. sometimes, i'm in the first-person view, and when the dream gets too scary, i jump to a 3rd person view. i am also able to &quot;finish&quot; some of my dreams now.

Piano Man

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I want the use of fossil fuels to be the thing of the past. While OPEC is crunching down on output, most people (like Dubya) think that drilling for more oil is the answer. The answer is to use alternative fuels such as hydrogen and solar power. Hydrogen is probably the best of use because of its high power output and almost infinite abundance. The only thing that will stop this is the oil companies themselves, for greed is common among those who are in power.

SendTrash

Platinum Member
Apr 18, 2000

<< What ouput or result would like to see in the next 50-100 years? >>

To travel in space! I want warp speed! or sommething that makes it practical to explore new universes.