this is sweet, this is the fastest i've seen our internet work yet.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
first time i've got the chance to be at home in the middle of the day lately, and everyone is at work right now, there's only like 2 cars in our lot right now.. holy crap the internet is filying, im doing microsoft update, and it's going up like 1 megabyte about every second, it doesnt give an exact reading (im sure everyone's familiar with the windows update page and how it looks, it just shows the amount downloaded and the amount it needs to reach)

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: zanejohnson
first time i've got the chance to be at home in the middle of the day lately, and everyone is at work right now, there's only like 2 cars in our lot right now.. holy crap the internet is filying, im doing microsoft update, and it's going up like 1 megabyte about every second, it doesnt give an exact reading (im sure everyone's familiar with the windows update page and how it looks, it just shows the amount downloaded and the amount it needs to reach)

wow in the time it took me to type that original message, it was at 104MB of 194 and i started typing right when that file started just clicked over again and we're at 165 megs now

dougp

Diamond Member
May 3, 2002
Originally posted by: bonkers325
im going to steal your bandwidth and theres nothing the police can do about it

Why would he call the police, that'd give them a reason to snoop around his house for evidence and they might uncover his drug stash!

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i thought you lived in a house out in the country, why would you have a parking lot?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: ElFenix
i thought you lived in a house out in the country, why would you have a parking lot?

read my recent posts, we moved to a townhouse/apt so i could be closer to where i mostly work... we're now renting the place in Kiowa out, and renting this townhouse, and the internet i speak of is what the new place provides... it's a flat rate and there's ethernet drops in the rooms. before this the fastest i'd seen yet was ~650KB/s

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Did you move closer to work because it's been such a long, quiet drive in the past couple of weeks?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Injury
Did you move closer to work because it's been such a long, quiet drive in the past couple of weeks?

im guessing you read my thread about my stereo being stolen..that happened at the new place... i moved because it benifits me financially, conveniently (blocks away from everything downtown and everywhere i work) and my wife loves cleaning 1000 less sq feet..

and 10mbps is fast for this town, the fastest plan time warner the cable company offers is 6mbps, same with SBC DSL.. and no fios anywhere in the near future im sure

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Originally posted by: QurazyQuisp
A few days ago I was pulling 7-8 mb/sec at work (at the university).

megaBYTES or bits?

if megabytes, that is insane, and a SWEET connection, i wonder what kind of connection they do have? i wonder what kind of connection im sharing with everyone else in the complex? its symetrical, all i know is im on one of 7 or 8 subnets. we're in the first building and we get an IP in the 192.168.1.X... i've pinged stuff all the way up to 192.168.8.X

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
I thought the days of "my bandwidth is bigger than yours" were over?