This is not my week...

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
I have to be at work at 6am so I go to bed around 8:30...

11pm last night: Wife wakes me up... "They're repossessing the truck! We've gotta get the baby stuff out of it!" Sigh. I knew it was coming. She hadn't paid the truck payment in like 4 months. (Her truck, her deal. I give her the $$, up to her to decide to pay it or not. I hate that truck for purely personal reasons.)

So I tell her she's gonna have to drive my Volvo. The Fiero is at the in-law's, so I tell her to wake up early and drop me off there so I can get the Fiero and take it to work.

12:15am: Still can't get to sleep.

5:15am this morning: WTF? Father-in-law's been driving the Fiero apparently. Stereo is half pulled out, seat's all jacked up, and there's 2 inches of bird crap on the windshield. Grab the hose and quickly get the crap off so I can see. Start it up, and MASSIVE belt squealing. Prolly woke up the whole neighborhood. E-brake's been broken forever, but for some reason the e-brake light's on. Working the brake handle does nothing. Friggin car's beeping telling me the brake's on. Whatever, I've gotta get to work.

5:50am: Get off the freeway and the Check Engine light comes on and the engine sputters. Look at the guage: E!!! This thing had half a tank when I left it at the in-laws!!! Arrrggghhh... No gas station nearby. :( Pull into a parking lot a block from work and leave it. Figure I'll call a tow truck after work to come put some gas in it (roadside assistance baby!) Doh! Forgot my cell phone!!! My service is through Sprint and I have to have the phone!

What sucks about this is it's all my own fault. Or my family's. I can't even blame bad luck or gremlins or anything. :|

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003
g'mornin, Duroc :p

i'd say this is your wife's fault...if you give her the $$ for the truck, then why the hell isn't she making the payment??

not very responsible...

:disgust:

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
That does suck.

And you'd best work out something on that repo or your credit will take a BIG hit!

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
I can't even blame bad luck or gremlins or anything.
you could try it! don't worry, there is still a lot of time for your fortune to change this week. and stuck parking brake can be a pain for sure. luckily it sounds like it wasn't stuck on for you

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: drum
I can't even blame bad luck or gremlins or anything.
you could try it! don't worry, there is still a lot of time for your fortune to change this week. and stuck parking brake can be a pain for sure. luckily it sounds like it wasn't stuck on for you

No, the cable head at the handle has been broken for years. It's a 4 speed, so I just stick it in gear when I'm parked. I do that anyway, so no biggie. But he must have been messing with it to get the switch stuck. :|

The truck registration is in both of our names, but she refi'd it when we were separated (soooo upside down now) and the loan is completely in her maiden name. :D It'll probably appear eventually on my credit if I don't go pick it up this week (haven't decided if I'm gonna crack the savings for it or not. Being so upside down, I may just let it go..)

Yeah, TekChik, it's her fault for not paying the bill. But I could have insisted it got paid. But before we separated last I saw the guy she was cheating on me with driving it. Now, years later, I still get pissed off when I see the thing. And having to work on it... :|

drum

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
i can definatley see the resentment toward the truck. that would suck

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
If she cheated on you, why did you take her back? I don't want to be a prick, but you seem like a decent guy who can do better.

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Sorry to hear that Duroc, damn well Sucks but at least it's one of those short term probs that'll be gone soon.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: PG
If she cheated on you, why did you take her back? I don't want to be a prick, but you seem like a decent guy who can do better.

I can, and did, but there are more issues than just cheating.

We have 2 kids that I love.

I love the family environment. I grew up with a single mom on welfare. Sucked soooo bad. No family to speak of. And I do still have feelings for my wife. So all things together make the payoff better than the cost...

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: DurocShark

I love the family environment. I grew up with a single mom on welfare. Sucked soooo bad. No family to speak of. And I do still have feelings for my wife. So all things together make the payoff better than the cost...

You're a good guy Duroc...gotta hand it to yer ....here....i'll hand yer a beer too...:beer:

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Things could be worse. Things can always be worse. Be glad you're still able to bitch about it

TekChik

Jan 15, 2003

well, good for you. i admire that. being a single mom myself (though definitely NOT on welfare) i can relate to the family atmosphere. and i agree with you...you can't put a price tag on those things.

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: TheCorm

You're a good guy Duroc...gotta hand it to yer ....here....i'll hand yer a beer too...:beer:

Thanks for the beer... Need it. heh

Yeah, this series of problems are minor in the grand scheme of things. Just aggrivating to have them happen all in 12 hours. LoL