This is how bad the Republican Party is slipping.

Discussion in 'Politics and News' started by Anarchist420, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Anarchist420

Anarchist420 Diamond Member

"RLC Vice Chair Aaron Biterman, a Wisconsin native, doesn't believe Reince Priebus will be friendly to the liberty wing of the Republican Party."
    Link:
    http://www.rlc.org/2011/01/06/write-your-rnc-member/

The neocons like McCain and Graham REALLY PISS ME OFF because being pro-war is more important to them than being anti-Obamacare. Every single time I see a pic of that smiling fuckhead Lindsey Graham, I just want to smash his damn nose!

What the *** happened to the Party of Warren G Harding? That's what I want to know.

2. Scotteq

Scotteq Diamond Member

Taft ate it.

3. bamacre

bamacre Lifer

Taft ate a lot of things.

4. Brigandier

Brigandier Diamond Member

Nice, old school burn for the win.

I'm pretty sure if I lived during those times "Taft ate it" would be my excuse for damn near everything.

5. her209

her209 No Lifer

6. DesiPower

DesiPower Lifer

7. Craig234

Craig234 Lifer

You have got a bad case of ideology, when being partly informed twists your understanding of things to befuddle and frustrate you.

A common symptom of this is having some idealized thing - a doctrine, a leader, a movement, a country - you partly understand and push for what doesn't work.

Another common symptom is 'the bogeyman' - the Fed, the Bildeberger Group, the Jews, even 'the Republicans' or 'Obama and Pelosi' or 'Neocons'.

'The party of Warren G Harding' fits that first one very nicely - it's far enough away that you can make an idealized version, that doesn't have to actually work today.

Your good intentions and efforts to get informed and discuss are sadly wasteful as a result, pushing for the harmful or useless.

I could say more but I know defensiveness has probably already shut this down.

Do try to read some diverse history - direct source material is part of what can be helpful, but even more useful are historians with good perspective.

8. Lemon law

Lemon law Lifer

As I lift my beer in a toast to anarchist420, I certainly hope his post convinced many rational GOP members to support Reince Priebus.

Far right wing wacki nuts are the greatest threat to the survival of the GOP.

9. bamacre

bamacre Lifer

Actually, no. Pro-war social conservatives have been the greatest threat to the GOP.

10. Scotteq

Scotteq Diamond Member

Exactly - He ate that too!

11. Anarchist420

Anarchist420 Diamond Member

+1.

Pro-war people who like to call themselves "conservative" are the intellectual sons of FDR.

12. Siddhartha

Siddhartha Lifer

I do not see any evidence that the GOP has changed in the last thirty years. They do change their rherotic but their agenda has not really changed.

13. halik

halik Lifer

14. bamacre

bamacre Lifer