This is god damn annoying

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Shorty must be looking for another vacation from AT.

NEXT, he'll go on a rampage about pineapple on pizza.

• Haha
Reactions: Captante
Feb 4, 2009
Never was a fan of bbq chicken on pizza.
I will say pineapple is fine provided it is limited and appropriate frequency. Pineapple pizza and a cold beer on the 4th of July is epic. Pineapple pizza every Friday sounds shitty.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
based on yelp orders...

How We Determined This

Our cheesy intel on pizza toppings comes from Yelp, who tracked the amount of nationwide pizza orders placed on Yelp and Eat24, then filtered by state. While this might make the orders a bit more premium than average (I’m looking at you caprese and white pizza!), it still provides a great window into each state’s pizza ordering habits.

Finally, we turned to PMQ Magazine for data on pizza restaurants per capita. With the safe assumption the more pizza places, the more pizza lovers in a state.

Altogether, these formed our very cheesy article.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
The only states whose opinion of pizza matter to me all went traditional. (IE: states with large numbers of Italians like NY)

You folks in "flyover-territory" enjoy your flatbread with ketchup & Cheez-Whiz!

;)

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Surprised California isn't something like artichoke hearts, scallops and feta cheese.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
There used to be a "California style" pizza place in Norwalk CT called Sunrise Pizza. Had all kinds of hipster toppings like sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, shitake mushrooms, goat-cheese, 6 kinds of crust etc etc etc...

They went bankrupt and closed years ago. :confused:

All kidding aside the place wasn't terrible but it also wasn't what most folks are looking for when they order a pizza. (apparently not even in CA ... the BBQ chicken pie that's #1 there is pretty standard stuff even in New Haven)

Additionally it was quite expensive which by itself in Norwalk wouldn't be a huge problem, but if you want the rich folks to come buy your absurdly over-priced pies they really do need to taste exceptionally good!

Last edited:
Reactions: dank69

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
If they are going to do a pizza poll, they should share all the data, or at least do ranked choice voting.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
mushrooms, green peppers and onions.

depending on the sausage the store uses, sausage is also an excellent topping.

a bit of anchovies can be lovely too.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Cheese is definitely the best kind of pizza. Not sure what OP is mad about. *pats OP on his tiny midget head*

Runner-ups are:
Peppers and onions

That's it. I have been thinking about experimenting with mushrooms (either by themself or with peppers and onions), but I'm not sure.

Nov 17, 2019
*pats OP on his tiny midget head*
iu

Reactions: snoopy7548

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Surprised California isn't something like artichoke hearts, scallops and feta cheese.
Despite what TV wants you to believe, California is NOT completely filled with liberal hipster douche-bags.
In fact its mostly normal people. And probably an equal number of white trash redneck types, but they dont get as much attention.

brianmanahan

Lifer
Sep 2, 2006
One thing that still gets to me after moving from California to Ohio is how they slice the pizza here. It's in effing squares!

gotta go to east of chicago, they do it the right way!

edit: oh shoot they closed the ones down south? man that place has taken a beating from dominos. i still love it though.

Last edited:

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
You folks in "flyover-territory" enjoy your flatbread with ketchup & Cheez-Whiz!
I know about Chicago but not sure elsewhere. They make a deep dish pizza WE CALL Sicilian.
The focus on that type of pizza is the bread which makes or breaks
One thing that still gets to me after moving from California to Ohio is how they slice the pizza here. It's in effing squares!
We do that too for Sicilian, but those are baked in a rectangular pan. Doing MIGHT make sense with a round pie though if you want the pie to cool down quickly. More openings in the crust SHOULD allow more heat to escape. That's pure speculation though. Another idea is that if most people don't like the crust, this forces almost everyone to get some. [shrug] Who knows.
edit: oh shoot they closed the ones down south? man that place has taken a beating from dominos. i still love it though.
The great thing about the big D is they produce a very consistent product. They also always have the perfect dough crust. It's almost as good as those big Bavarian pretzels.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Ughh in Dubai at the moment so pepperoni on pizza is a no-go. Hotel actually has a pork station for breakfast with bacon and sausage. Tried the sausage yesterday and damn near threw up in my mouth.

• Haha
Reactions: dank69

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Pro tip: Don't eat pork in parts of the planet dominated by Abrahamic religions where sky guy told them not to eat it. Probably made from goat or camel. :p

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
mushrooms, green peppers and onions.

depending on the sausage the store uses, sausage is also an excellent topping.

a bit of anchovies can be lovely too.
Save time and calories and just eat green peppers. They taste exactly the same as any pizza that has them on it.