This is an odd new way to book air travel but ok

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Airlines are still pushing out massive disruptions to established schedules a few months out. If you need to get some place at a very specific time this is bad. If not - there seems to be a benefit. Cheap routings or award routings are often on undesirable flights. Really early/late in the day, long layovers, inefficient routing etc. But if you have a notable change to your itinerary (affecting arrival by 4 hours or more typically) then you can change to any other valid flight regardless of price or mile cost. Most airlines have now instituted a call back policy so even that is not as painful as you're not hanging out on hold for hours on end. I just did my 3rd trip change in as many weeks and two of them are vastly improved flights. The last wasn't but is manageable. I might be able to get used to this

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Seems like a bit of a gamble but shit I may try it.
Slightly less of a gamble if you use miles or book a fare bucket that allows easy cancellation or a travel credit. But yes there is a chance they wouldn't screw with the flight and it goes ahead as booked.