This gotta be the worst phishing email I ever got

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
In Alliance with eBay Team we make acquaintance that we have honour to invite for participate purchasing this item HARDY BROS E7862 - VINTAGE SPLITCANE FLY ROD+TWO TIPS from the results that you recently bid for it. I want to sell it at a very good price that i am sure you will like.I am a registered, verified and serious seller on eBay, the deal will be through eBay and this transaction will also be covered under eBay Safety Protection Program. The shipping will take 2 days because we will ship with UPS, DHL, FedEx ot other shipping company If you wish to know more about this offer and for buying the item that we have offer for selling, please don`t hesitate to contact us for more information's.

Do these guys use BabelFish for their English?
Is there seriously someone who would respond to this?

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
what the hell is your problem. Some guy just wants to offer you a good deal and is trying to help you with your phishing (sp?) equipment, and you make fun of his english?

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
I don't see what the problem is, it's going to covered under the eBay Safety Protection Program.... sounds good to me; where do i send my money?

/sarcasm

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
You know, even the most foolish of ebayers is going to think that email is really fishy. Thus, the scammer probably isn't busy catching suckers. As such, this might be a fun scammer to string along.