This gave me nightmares as a kid.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
the commercials for "It's Alive" were pretty damn creepy. That didn't stop me from watching it later on and seeing how ridiculous it was.

the movie Magic still creeps me out.

marvdmartian

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2002
Man, I was watching the OP's youtube vid, and saying to myself, "Is that Leslie Nielson???" Yep! Sure enough, it was! Also noticed, on IMDB, that they're doing a remake of that movie, slated for 2013 (unless, of course, the Mayans were right all along).

Don't think I've ever seen anything in a movie that disturbed me, but got scared to death reading the book "Amityville Horror", when I was a kid. Started reading it one day, finished it same day. When I finished, I was laying out on my parent's living room sofa, with my back to the picture window. I finished the book, lay there for a few seconds thinking, "Whoaaaaa", then remembered that a couple hours before, when Mom went to bed, she reminded me to shut the curtains for the window behind me.......which I had promptly forgotten to do. Now I'm lying there, on the sofa, with a large window behind me, and I just know that when I turn around, there's going to be some red pig eyes staring back at me through the window!! :eek:

I got up, eased around the end of the sofa, reached back, grabbed the cord, and closed those damn curtains........all without looking back toward the window!! Guess if you don't look, they really don't exist, right?? :hmm:

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Want a balloon?

Do they float?

Ohh yes... They Float Georgie... They Float... and when your down here, with me... YOU FLOAT TOO!

Another case where the book was far superior to the movie.

The movie was a bad joke. I read the book when I was in 5th grade, I think its part of why I'm so screwed up o_O