This forum saved my family life

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
I've been going toe to toe with my Republican son-in-law for a year now over the Iraq war. I foolishly believed that an explanation of the facts would change his mind. Wrong-o! This forum gave me an opportunity to try to convince people with whom I won't have to eat Thanksgiving Dinner.

Hobbs, the political philosopher, argued that human intelligence was equally distributed because no man would admit that any other man was smarter than he was. Today he'd have to say it in gender nuetral terms.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Did you ever think that YOU may be wrong and that he was trying to change your mind using facts? ;)

Moonbeam will be along shortly to hawk his mirrors.:p

CkG

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Whitling
I've been going toe to toe with my Republican son-in-law for a year now over the Iraq war. I foolishly believed that an explanation of the facts would change his mind. Wrong-o! This forum gave me an opportunity to try to convince people with whom I won't have to eat Thanksgiving Dinner.

Hobbs, the political philosopher, argued that human intelligence was equally distributed because no man would admit that any other man was smarter than he was. Today he'd have to say it in gender nuetral terms.

ROFL

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Did you ever think that YOU may be wrong and that he was trying to change your mind using facts? ;)

CkG

Uh huh. His son-in-law was right about supporting Bush and his lies about Iraq. Right about supporting Arnold and his sexual harrassment. Right about supporting Limpbaugh and his drug abuse.

Right about being a conservative hypocrite.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: BOBDN

CkG

Uh huh. His son-in-law was right about supporting Bush and his lies about Iraq. Right about supporting Arnold and his sexual harrassment. Right about supporting Limpbaugh and his drug abuse.

Hehe, BOBDN must have forgotten to take his sedatives again;) You know BOBDN - just because they are prescribed doesn't mean they are bad;)

Your asshatish assumptions about what his son-in-law said or presented is laughable, and it is just one more example of your willingness to read into things and make wild assumptions. As I said in a different thread - Get over yourself.

CkG

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002

CkG

Hehe, BOBDN must have forgotten to take his sedatives again;) You know BOBDN - just because they are prescribed doesn't mean they are bad;)

Your asshatish assumptions about what his son-in-law said or presented is laughable, and it is just one more example of your willingness to read into things and make wild assumptions. As I said in a different thread - Get over yourself.

CkG

More of the same Limpbaugh inspired bullshit from the world's #1 dittohead. You are truly pathetic.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG

More of the same Limpbaugh inspired bullshit from the world's #1 dittohead. You are truly pathetic.
rolleye.gif

Get over yourself.

CkG

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Of course I thought about the possibility that my son-in-law might be right. That's not the case here, but I thought about that possibility. Just because we alienated the rest of the world, killed 6,000 Iraqis, destroyed the creaky but functioning infrastructure of their country, threw the country wide open for terrorists to tangle with us one on one, trumped up excuses to do it, spen $60 billion and are asking for another $87, are straining the army to its limits, still have Americans dying, and can't get cooperation anymore. Yeah I considered he might be right. He still thinks there are weapons of mass destruction there. Well, even though he's 30, he thinks it's the Easter Bunny who leaves the basket. But I did think about whether he might be right.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
I know the easter bunny does not leave the basket.. it is the tooth fairy working two jobs to make ends meet and thanks to Hallmark for terminating the bunny the position opened up. Well.. and thanks to the economy that forced the cut in personnel.. or bunny el.. as it were.

My wife (a right of right winger) has brain washed my grandson over the years to her philosophy (he's 19 now and we've had custody). However, after reading the posts on this forum he has slowly changed his thinking toward grumpster's philosophy.. in all of a month..
He won't admit it yet... politics at home requires prudence..

He says he simply believes nothing except what can be independently verified and then looks at it from a very simple position... Is it right and is it legal.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

CkG

CkG
Talk about asshatish assumptions, I just came by to say that Hobbs was a hell of a lot smarter than me.