This ever happen to you?

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
ever have this happen to you?

I'm typing away at this essay I'm doing, and then BAM! My eyes like ZOOM IN on the monitor screen.

Whatever I look at on the screen is now magnified for some reason. I focus in on just the words I'm typing... everything else zooms out.

Anyone else ever have this happen to their eyes?

I've had this happen with both LCD and CRT monitors.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
Originally posted by: StevenYoo
ever have this happen to you?

I'm typing away at this essay I'm doing, and then BAM! My eyes like ZOOM IN on the monitor screen.

Whatever I look at on the screen is now magnified for some reason. I focus in on just the words I'm typing... everything else zooms out.

Anyone else ever have this happen to their eyes?

I've had this happen with both LCD and CRT monitors.

Schizophrenia?
Drugs?

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
I've had my eyes spontaneously lose focus before. It's a really weird sensation that's very difficult to explain, so I can't say for sure if it's the same as what's happened to you, but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

AustinMatherne

Platinum Member
Mar 22, 2005
AustinMatherne.com
I used to do this when I was a kid by accident. I've learned how to do it on purpos over time. It's not that cool, but you do get this really weird felling that I'm not sure how to describe.
It really freaked me out when I was little cause I would be watching TV from about 10 feet away, and all of the sudden I thought I was right in front of it. Keep in mind it goes away for me as soon as a blink, but if your not expecting it, you might freak out a little.

StevenYoo

Diamond Member
Jul 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Fishers Web
It really freaked me out when I was little cause I would be watching TV from about 10 feet away, and all of the sudden I thought I was right in front of it.

oh man, that's exactly the feeling! The feeling that you're standing WAAAY too close to the TV!

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
you are probably changing the alignment of the optics in your eyes somehow, giving you a more narrow field of view but more magnification. interesting to say the least.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Not that exact thing,but I have had my eyes do similar odd things before do to migraines in my eyes.

Yes, you CAN get migraines in your eyes.

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
It's happened, but I can't make it happen on call. Weird feeling.