This dream's been bugging me today

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
I need some help identifying a possible real location...

I had this dream last night and woke up to remember some parts of it in very vivid detail. The part I remember well is me walking through this hall which is sort of like a track around a central area but more of a rounded rectangle. This hall had wood floors though and there was this white powder all along the entire hall. The white powder though was thick on the sides and gradually became thinner to almost nothing the more towards the center of this hall it was (due to foot traffic I suppose)

The central area I think looked like a library with shelves stocked with books, though I dont remember that part too well.

This central hall was surrounded by rooms, like it was some sort of courtyard. These rooms were classrooms, filled with desks and in my dream I was walking into one room from the hall and there were young people like students sitting around waiting I guess for class to start.

In the hall I also remember on some of the walls were posters and flyers pinned up in various places just like you see in some school halls too.

Now, nothing else really happened in this dream. I was just walking through the hall and into a room. Sorry to disappoint no crazy or interesting things happened in it.

But whats bothering me is just how vivid the details of thi hall was in my mind and it seems like such a unique design that I'm sure I've never actually been to ever in my life. But does it actually exist maybe? I am certain it is a school of some sort, probably a college.

Does this description match any place you've been to? That strange hall particularly, where it goes around in a square with very rounded corners and has a wooden floor. The floor boards were sort of like a basketball court I think, thin.. not wide.

I drew up something real quick that illustrates what I'm remembering:

dreamhall.JPG

It would be pretty amazing if this was an actual place somewhere...

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
You just described a very generic building and expect someone to be able to tell you exactly where it is located?

lozina

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Safeway
You just described a very generic building and expect someone to tell you exactly where it is?

Well yeah it's somewhat of a shot in the dark but I don't think such a hall shaped like that is generic. I've never actually seen something like that ever. A rounded rectangle hall, less than 100' each side.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
Sounds like the Inner Cloister from Diablo II or one of the bomb sites in de_chateau.

Other than that, I have seen a few buildings with common areas like you described. A sunken seating area in the middle with columns and beams around the perimeter. A walkway then surrounds that with doors leading into rooms. Sounds like the central gathering area in a large number of buildings.

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
I've dreamed about CS maps before. One time I even had a dream that I was playing real life CS, except that when I died there was no next round.

What's funny is I've done this prolly 4-5 times, but never once did it happen when I was playing a lot of CS 4 years ago.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Probably a long forgotten party house in Colombia. Did you try the white powder?

Quasmo

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2004
Originally posted by: aplefka
I've dreamed about CS maps before. One time I even had a dream that I was playing real life CS, except that when I died there was no next round.

What's funny is I've done this prolly 4-5 times, but never once did it happen when I was playing a lot of CS 4 years ago.

I've had a CS dream that was mixed up with the movie "Signs". I ran around with the CS HUD, and had an AK but the rest of the dream was from the movie signs. I stopped playing so much CS after that.