This doesnt make sense

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
it all depends where you meet them - the family that just bought the really nice house down the street probably isn't illegal, the new engineer at your work probably isn't illegal, you college classmates probably aren't illegal.

The 6 guys in the bed of the painter's truck on the highway probably are.

Nov 7, 2000
eh, one in 10 ATOT posters are actually cats that learned to type.

i guess you really do learn something every day....

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Xcobra
Originally posted by: Extabur
Well from what I've heard, estimates of illegal Mexican immigrants range from 8-20 million(don't quote me, I think that's right). Now I know there are plenty of hard working Mexicans, but if I had to take a guess I would say there are more illegal Mexicans per capita on welfare in the United States then there are Actually citizens on wellfare - per capita, just to make that clear. I think that in the U.S., immigrants that can prove that they are employed and supporting themselves - and have been for six months should be allowed to stay, and the rest should be shipped back to Mexico, while the tax money that would have been going to support there laziness should instead be used to help in some way(what way I don't know, but I'm sure someone could think of something) the Mexican economy, so that there is not such a strong desire to get to the greener grass on the other side of the 'fence.' One more thing, border security, border security, border security. Have the national guard build a 10 foot chain link fence with razer wire at the top and a maintained road next to it all along the border and patrol it well, they won't get across so easily then.
BS! i just read an article about a study that says that hispanics (legal AND illegal) make up the smallest portion of population that is living on wel-fare...i forgot where i read it, will post it later. besides, if we're talking about illegal immigrants, its obvious to think that they wouldnt want anything to do with the government due to their immigration status....

That and Hispanics are afraid they are going to be deported everyday so they don?t even have bank accounts, let alone they are going to go to a welfare office and give their full name, address, etc? to a government official.

maximus maximus

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2004
Trivia.

In Olympics, why does Mexico never win a medal in athletics, pole vault or swimming?
Go on..
Because all their athletes, pole vaulters and swimmers are now in America. :)