Discussion This cure may be the one Rosetta@home discovered

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
That's preliminary results from a clinical study of Molnupiravir which is being developed by Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck. Here's the press release.

The "minipeptide(s)" discovered by University of Washington researchers using Rosetta is still in preclinical evaluation. Here's the latest information that I could find.

Reactions: Assimilator1

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
That's preliminary results from a clinical study of Molnupiravir which is being developed by Ridgeback Biotherapeutics and Merck. Here's the press release.

The "minipeptide(s)" discovered by University of Washington researchers using Rosetta is still in preclinical evaluation. Here's the latest information that I could find.
Is it possible that the other project took its main product/research from the Rosetta study ?

biodoc

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Is it possible that the other project took its main product/research from the Rosetta study ?
No, Rosetta is strictly used for protein/peptide engineering, etc. Molnupiravir is a small molecule drug with a different mechanism of action (viral replication inhibitor). The Rosetta minipeptide inhibits the binding of the virus to the target cell.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
No, Rosetta is strictly used for protein/peptide engineering, etc. Molnupiravir is a small molecule drug with a different mechanism of action (viral replication inhibitor). The Rosetta minipeptide inhibits the binding of the virus to the target cell.
OK, all beyond me. It just sounded like the same thing. I guess 2 days to beat the same horse.

Thanks for the input.