This ATT Next deal is awesome right? BOGO iPhone8/X/S9

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I'm not seeing anything wrong with any of these offers, even with the upcoming refresh?

ex)
The only thing better than an iPhone X, is a second iPhone X on us.

When you buy both on AT&T Next® ($999.99 each) with eligible wireless service (min. $65/mo. combined after discount).*

*Req’s new line. Free after credits over 30 mos. If svc. canceled, device balance due. $30 Activation and other terms apply. See offer details

Buy a Samsung Galaxy S9 and get one free*
When you buy both on AT&T Next® ($789.99 each) with wireless (min. $65/mo. combined after discount).

*Req’s new line. Free after credits over 30 mos. If svc cancelled, device balance due. $30 Activation and other terms apply. See offer details

What am I missing? How will this deal duck me?

Mar 11, 2004
I'm not seeing anything wrong with any of these offers, even with the upcoming refresh?

ex)

You'll be stuck to AT&T for the term of the credits?

They've been doing deals like this for a while (its actually pretty much their old subsidized phone for contract model that used to be the norm).

Every so often T-Mobile I think does one where they send you a card with the full value on it.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
So you are planning on opening a new line? then this is perfect for you. If not then you will have two phone line bills! pay full price for old phone another great deal!!! prob charge so much tax fees etc.

not sure what 65$ month min after fee .. does that mean for each line? for both phones? i have ATT mvno and pay 18$ a month for 5gb data unlimited talk / txt and 3g unlimited data after that.. i enjoy paying for my phones outright and having no bills payments or worries about that bs. Right now im looking at used galaxy s9 plus or the new note 9 because of its new LTE band.. So my guess is they are clearing all phones that dont have the new band.. before the new iphone comes out too.. /shrug

Last edited:

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
The only problem I see with these deals, esp, with ATT, They hate to even think you should have unlimited data. Plus ATT seems like they want you to pay 50 bucks or more to access their data.

Usually what you are missing is... The plan fee's are jacked up, so over the course of two year contract of paying X amount for plan fees if you times that by 24, usually they come out way more expensive than just buying the phone you wanted in the first place... and saving a few bucks if you switched to say, cricket for a 30 dollar a month plan on some other carrier like Sprint I think had a deal for 15 bucks unlimited a month.

Personally, I'd shop for the cheapest plan, then just buy the phone outright, and if you lost it, or wanted to sell or switch plans or carriers, you could do so freely.

The only good from this would be, if you get 5 bars at your house, don't plan on moving anytime soon and the phone is your dream phone that you'll want to stick with for the next two years, even tho, a new phone just came out with all the features that you want.

Good Luck! ATT is the worst if you muck up your payment or if you happen to want to cancel your plan even after your two years are up, I wouldn't doubt if you would have to pay a cancellation fee. I'd never return to ATT. I stick with the pay as you go, open contracts. This was about 10 years ago. Maybe they have changed?

AT&T Unlimited Plus Enhanced $75.00
Smartphone Access Charges $20.00
Due Monthly** $127.92
plus sales tax

***I hate ATT!!! Access Charges... LOL! It's worse than I thought. After your 2 years is up you could have bought 4 or 5 S9's.... That's crazy amounts of cash!

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
T-Mobile has been doing BOGOs that don't require adding a line. Do you need to add a line? Then the AT&Fee deal is decent. If not, you're going to be paying an extra $20/mo plus taxes for that "free" iPhone X.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000

Credits are over time, so if you want to cancel you miss out.
If you're a current customer you need a new line. That means losing your grandfathered plan if you care about it. (They can create a new line, port your number to it and cancel the old one)
You'll need 2 lines of service total.

I got in on a similar deal with costco for the X a couple months back.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
eh I ended up getting a single ip8+ cuz I didn't want to open another line.