This AT ad is targeting the wrong dude

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
the last time the fascists took over, they brought the world to catastrophic war.

So, what is your proposal to deal with the indisputable fascists that are the GOP, the Brexiters, those in Poland, Brazil, and in Italy right now?
Simple. You cut the head off the snake. You know who the snake is.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I have none. What's your plan? Make people's votes public so they are subject to retribution from those that disagree with them?
What is your freedom worth compared to facist authoritarian rule? What is your line? Stern voice? Passive agressive shit? Joining a demo? Would you be a freedom fighter? Or just trying to own some libs on a social media platform somewhere and you are set?
Its pretty sad to have “none”.. thats like rolling over before the fight has even begun.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
What is your freedom worth compared to facist authoritarian rule? What is your line? Stern voice? Passive agressive shit? Joining a demo? Would you be a freedom fighter? Or just trying to own some libs on a social media platform somewhere and you are set?
Its pretty sad to have “none”.. thats like rolling over before the fight has even begun.
My point is, the "fight" is only in your head. You've labeled what you don't like as fascism because that lends credence to your beliefs. By this time next year we will have elected a new president, the battle against the forces of evil will be won. Unless the dems screw the pooch again, then you'll have 4 more years to make yourself crazy.

Feb 4, 2009
My point is, the "fight" is only in your head. You've labeled what you don't like as fascism because that lends credence to your beliefs. By this time next year we will have elected a new president, the battle against the forces of evil will be won. Unless the dems screw the pooch again, then you'll have 4 more years to make yourself crazy.

There will rightfully be a shit storm if losing candidate (D) gets like 6 million more votes but completely loses the electoral college.
Particularly regarding seating judges.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Exactly. Not your problem.
Fact of the matter is you got a Russian Agent for pres, retarded or not. And you be "meh".

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

it's fascism because it's fascism.

observational, and admitted evidence from the fascists themselves.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

Per my addition to the subject. Winning an election isn't enough. As our divided form of government means Republicans will ALWAYS have enough power to stop all meaningful legislation. America is gridlock to the bitter end.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Biden was acting appropriately--he was acting on the behest of the international community, in removing an extremely corrupt prosecutor (the one that Trump is desperately trying to work with, now, to continue to make corruption standard practice)

Trump: personal gain. This is not in dispute, in any way, whatsoever
Biden: national, international interest. This is not in dispute, in any way, whatsoever.

They are trying to argue that both "quid pro quos" are equal, which is absurd, 3rd grade playground bullshit. It only works on ignorant morons, so it works for every single Trump supporter, obviously

My comment stands.
We are the insane ones. We continue to expect dumbass Republicans to understand the distinction.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Exactly. Not your problem.
Fact of the matter is you got a Russian Agent for pres, retarded or not. And you be "meh".
That's wishful thinking, not a fact.
Yes I an "meh". The republic will stand. We will weather the storm of Trump and we will move forward. We won't become a dictatorship, we won't turn walmarts into detention centers, we won't be subdued by chemtrails.
These are my predictions.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
There will rightfully be a shit storm if losing candidate (D) gets like 6 million more votes but completely loses the electoral college.
Particularly regarding seating judges.
Shit storm or not, the electoral college is all that matters. The states will elect the president as they always have. The states have the power to alter that system if they so choose.
I have some agreement with the supreme court judge issue. The republicans outright fucked Obama out of an appointment, that wasn't right by any measure, and should be corrected.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The republic will stand. We will weather the storm of Trump and we will move forward.

Our politics is consumed by an Alt-Reality, and we are now fighting to wrest power in every way possible. The actions of our leaders are not for legislation anymore, but solely to topple other leaders. It is only a matter of time until the end of civil discourse leads to violence.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I mam afraid that civil violence is not mthat far off!1 Especially if Trump wins or somehow manipulates the election results......