Thinking of trying cigars: UPDATE: Bought 3 UPDATE: Smoked 1.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Journer
Originally posted by: MIKEMIKE
i chewed on the CX2, does that count?

im planning on wednesday, not sure which. will prolly use a butane lighter.

ill prolly go there, and pull out a book for my test on thursday (psych) and read it. maybe it will keep me awake (i fall asleep anytime i pull a book out to read)

haha...noy quiet
u WILL use a butane lighter, lol
this is another good thing about smoking in the lounge, they usually have lighters there, free for use...so you wont need to buy one, but if you, i'm sure they will have plenty...
it takes a couple minds, but once the chemicals get into your system it should help you stay awake, at least a little...when i stay up all night...ill usually drink a cup of coffee or two and have me a decent cigar or smoke mah pipe...

anywho...keep us updated :)
OH...and if you find you REALLY ...i mean REALLY like smoking cigars...you might wana invest 10 bucks in a little book...i cent remeber WTF they are called but i'm syure the shop can get u one. anywho, its a little book that holds you smoke info...you paste the wrapper onto the provided area, give the name and details of the cigar, then what you thought about it , raiting, etc....to help aid your future purchases :)
i forogt to mention, but i suppose the only real downside to smoking in the lounge, often, is you may end uip spending a good bit on cigars, lol so watch ur budget :)

gl

i pay cash for everything, being a server allows for that. CC is just for random big purchases

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
i chewed on the CX2, does that count?

im planning on wednesday, not sure which. will prolly use a butane lighter.

ill prolly go there, and pull out a book for my test on thursday (psych) and read it. maybe it will keep me awake (i fall asleep anytime i pull a book out to read)

haha...noy quiet
u WILL use a butane lighter, lol
this is another good thing about smoking in the lounge, they usually have lighters there, free for use...so you wont need to buy one, but if you, i'm sure they will have plenty...
it takes a couple minds, but once the chemicals get into your system it should help you stay awake, at least a little...when i stay up all night...ill usually drink a cup of coffee or two and have me a decent cigar or smoke mah pipe...

anywho...keep us updated :)
OH...and if you find you REALLY ...i mean REALLY like smoking cigars...you might wana invest 10 bucks in a little book...i cent remeber WTF they are called but i'm syure the shop can get u one. anywho, its a little book that holds you smoke info...you paste the wrapper onto the provided area, give the name and details of the cigar, then what you thought about it , raiting, etc....to help aid your future purchases :)
i forogt to mention, but i suppose the only real downside to smoking in the lounge, often, is you may end uip spending a good bit on cigars, lol so watch ur budget :)

gl

i pay cash for everything, being a server allows for that. CC is just for random big purchases

if you get into it...you will watch the cash leave your hands...often ^_^ lol...although i havnt spent much on smoking in a while...

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Viva Cuba :)

My sister went to Cuba a couple years back and bought 2 boxes of cigars (romeo y julieta churchills and montecristo No 3). It almost paid for her full vacation (cost her ~$30 a box at the time) (sold in canadian stores for ~$40 cdn each cigar) (she sold them to her American friends for a better profit :)).

Cheers,
Aquaman

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Aquaman

My sister went to Cuba a couple years back and bought 2 boxes of cigars (romeo y julieta churchills and montecristo No 3). It almost paid for her full vacation (cost her ~$30 a box at the time) (sold in canadian stores for ~$40 cdn each cigar) (she sold them to her American friends for a better profit :)).

Cheers,
Aquaman

hahah...thats awesome :)

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Aquaman

Cheers,
Aquaman

hahah...thats awesome :)

my comp politics teacher went to Cuba, got permission, and brought back a ****** ton of them i guess, she knew where to purchase them outside of the actual tourist areas as she traveled the country with random cubans because of what she was down there for.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Well, i smoked the Maduro today.

greta atmosphere, about 8 other guys all 40+ in there, smokin talkin, it was good to listen and what not, they were all friendly comfy seats etc, but now my clothes reek of it which isnt the greatest, but that should go away.

dont plan on smoking to much, but i loved it, very relaxing, and very good just overall taste.

got it lit up properly, and used the table cutting method which cut the perfect amount.

i may smoke maybe twice a week, at max, but who knows.

next up is the Cameroon, then the CX2.

codeyf

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
Fuente FTW

858 Maduros and Naturals, Sun Grown when you're ready for a little more kick.

Other good, light smokes, Ashton Classics (go corona or 898), Montesino, Diamond Crown to name a couple.

My favorite < $5 smoke, Trilogy Exotic Maduro by Alec Bradley. Otherwise the Fuente 858's are great "anytime" smokes.

Had my first Fuente Opus X on my b-day last weekend. It was a monster! Pricey though ($20+), thankfully it was given to me. Really good smoke when you move up to stronger stuff is the Ashton VSG.

Have fun and enjoy!

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
sweet man...i'm glad u liked it...table method usually works great...maybe try punching the next one of v-cutting it to get a different flow...i suggest you continue to hang outnthere...no telling if one of those guys is a rich ceo looking for someone to hire :)

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
Can someone tell me if I should be able to buy proplyne glycol at the drug store to put in a humidor 'sponge'?

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Slickone
Can someone tell me if I should be able to buy proplyne glycol at the drug store to put in a humidor 'sponge'?

They might have it behine the counter, but you should phone first....
I've thrown mine out and just use the gel jars you can buy on e-bay for $5... works as well and no hassle.

unsped

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2000
im not a huge fan of pungent cigars, ive had punch, romeos, montechristo, cohiba .. flown over by private plane.

and i gotta say, swisher sweets are pretty decent.

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
Originally posted by: djheater
Originally posted by: Slickone

They might have it behine the counter, but you should phone first....
I've thrown mine out and just use the gel jars you can buy on e-bay for $5... works as well and no hassle.
Thought about that. How long do they last?