Thinking of going Eyefinity x3 (1920x1080 x3)..thoughts?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Apocalypse23

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2003
Currently tri-crossfire or quad crossfire doesn't work with eyefinity (bad performance). Possibly solved by 10.4s, but wouldn't count on it since been around for a while:link

Interesting, this really is a huge disappointment for me from ATI, I hope they work on some better drivers fast, I understand that multi-GPU tweaking and tuning is a complex process. I'll have to hold on to my single screen for now then.

I am running 5870 in BFBC2 0x/8x with HBAO off and get between 50 and 60 fps almost always, with dips to 35 with intense explosions.

Hard to say if you will get over 70 with your setup because it is fairly unique in that I have never seen it used before, or read a review on it.

The periphreal vision is nice, but it is mostly for immersion. The eyefinity does not give 180 degree vision and as you get more towards the edge it tends to stretch the image. For instance in BFBC2 the setup may actually be fields of view of 40/80/40. This works fine as long as you do not actually watch the other two screens. I do see things out of the corner of my eye with this setup and I do enjoy it but some people who were thinking about doing it have seen it and decided it was not worth their time.

So it isn't 180 vision, that is dissappointing somewhat...:( I'll have to wait it out.

Last edited:

cbn

Lifer
Mar 27, 2009
Does CCC let you choose between the AFR and SPR? I haven't seen anything about it expect on general overview pages about how multi-gpu scaling works but nothing in practice.

ATI is apparently working on SFR (see post #15 for the link)

If anything this would allow the very large IGP on a fusion chip to scale with a discrete ATI card for increased FPS and decreased input lag.

Hopefully Nvidia is working on the same? Small GPU working on the easy stuff and Large GPU working on the parts of the frame that is bottlenecking? Could this work in the form of a Co-op type card?

Last edited: