Thinking about hitting up DC this summer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
You can't tour the White House unless you plan months in advance. Most than likely, they won't let some ordinary person inside.

Public tour requests must be submitted through one's Member of Congress. These self-guided tours are available from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays (excluding federal holidays or unless otherwise noted). Tour hours will be extended when possible based on the official White House schedule. Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Requests can be submitted up to six months in advance and no less than 21 days in advance. You are encouraged to submit your request as early as possible as a limited number of spaces are available. All White House tours are free of charge. (Please note that White House tours may be subject to last minute cancellation.)

http://m.whitehouse.gov/about/tours-and-events

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
I went to DC during 4th of July week four years ago, HOT HOT HOT with tons of humidity so I don't recommend going during summer. I went for five days and still didn't have enough time to see all the museums and monuments. White House tours need to be booked like literally a year in advance so if you're traveling this year then you're definitely not getting in. I'd go again just to see the museums and monuments that I missed.

Same. I landed inbetween a freak heat wave and a freak storm , and it was still stupidly humid. Bring gold bond for your balls (no joke)