Thinking About Creating A "Laptop Gaming" Club In Los Angeles

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
Some of you know I wanted to make a born in 1994 club, I planned on making some posters and attach them to some wood to make a sign advertising the club and go to sporting events and concerts and such to get the word out and maybe pass out some business cards about the club.

But now I want to make a laptop gaming club also, i was thinking of going to PC lan parties and such to get members.

Do you think it could take off?

FACEBOOK CLUB

BORN IN 1994​

If you were born in 1994 and you live in Los Angeles this Facebook group is for you!

Link: Born In 1994 Los Angeles​

Last edited:

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Are there any LAN parties?
Yes. Quakecon hasn't happened in person for a few years, but it is coming back. And there are other conventions with giant LAN parties, such as PAX, Dreamhack, and even some recent ones in TX organized by ex-Quakecon staff and volunteers who missed them.

I myself, have had a couple of small LAN parties recently, with just a few friends at my place. Lots of fun to get together, get pizza, and play some games in person with friends.

@Gizmo j I wouldn't limit it to just laptop gaming, but I would think finding local people to get together and have LAN parties could be fun. You might meet some new friends and have a great time with the local community.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Do people still do posters? Most have moved to reddit and discord no?

Weren't you in NYC? Did you move to LA?

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Laptops are too bulky bro, it's all about the Steam Decks now

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Not the best locale to get obsessive gamers on a 'puter. You got the outsiders coming for the arts/making it in Hollywood, the 'hood, and of course...the actual rich celebrities.

You'd want to look in Asia, like South Korea or Japan.

Heck, even football is a casual matter at that city.

And some obligatory music for the city.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
You really want to start a laptop gaming club, for people born in 1994 in Los Angeles, who also like reading SWAT erotica fiction while taking unprescribed estrogen blockers until their skin burns. For the encore of the evening, the group will build attack helicopter model kits while discussing possible future shit-posting topics in online forums.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
OP, I think if you provide free bottomless energy drinks, you'll have plenty of club members. At least for the first couple of meetings.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
OP lives in los angeles? good thing i moved outta there :p

but in all seriousness good luck OP. even doing something like a 4-person LAN for co-op could be a lot of fun. or 4v4/5v5 in various games. it's just different when you're all sitting together

Reactions: Shmee

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Mtn Dew & Hot Cheetos!

I don' think folks who leave their parents basement and attend sporting events and concerts are your target demographic...

Reactions: zinfamous

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Mtn Dew & Hot Cheetos!

I don' think folks who leave their parents basement and attend sporting events and concerts are your target demographic...
I like Mtn Dew and Hot Cheetos!

Reactions: zinfamous