Think there could be a Class Action Lawsuit against Valve??

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
Jesus Steam is a pile of shyte. Since I now am unable to play CS, or any other variant of HL due to it not working, think a Class Action Lawsuit could be filed on behalf of everyone who has been screwed.
I paid for 4 games, HLand 3 online mods. Now 3 out of 4 of my purchases dont work. Thats a 75% failure rate.
I want 75% of my purchase price back. And damned if I buy HL2 now! Doom it is! :)
So, think I could get my money back? Or get enough people to sue there asses for making such a crappy thing as Steam?

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: ness1469
We'll let you be the first to contact a lawyer.

yeah, gonna sue them for a FREE service they have no obligation to provide to you?

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Originally posted by: geno

yeah, gonna sue them for a FREE service they have no obligation to provide to you?

He may have a point however. If the "free" service is the primary or only function of the software, and the "free" service is unusable, I suppose it's possible.

But all Valve has to do is implement a quick and dirty GameSpy module and your lawsuit is suddenly pointless.

So... Here's a better solution: Anybody who's peeved about Steam's crappy performance, send e-mails AND snail mail letters explaining that until things are better, you will NOT be buying HL2 and will be encouraging others to avoid it as well.

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000

Not true. The online service is free. Counter Strike Retail isnt free. Therefore, they have now sold me a product which doesnt work. Cant very well play CS without the online service. As such, the online service is supported through the revenue of the game being sold.
As such, the service isnt free. ;)

yellowperil

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2000
1.5 still works. I think it's better than the new version anyway (at least the beta I played a month ago).

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999
Originally posted by: Shockwave

Not true. The online service is free. Counter Strike Retail isnt free. Therefore, they have now sold me a product which doesnt work. Cant very well play CS without the online service. As such, the online service is supported through the revenue of the game being sold.
As such, the service isnt free. ;)

You buy counter strike from the store so you don't have to download it, correct? If so, seems that's where the services are rendered. I'm very sure that Valve's involvement includes "No guarantees" as to if the online service works for you or not.

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Shockwave
Jesus Steam is a pile of shyte. Since I now am unable to play CS, or any other variant of HL due to it not working, think a Class Action Lawsuit could be filed on behalf of everyone who has been screwed.
I paid for 4 games, HLand 3 online mods. Now 3 out of 4 of my purchases dont work. Thats a 75% failure rate.
I want 75% of my purchase price back. And damned if I buy HL2 now! Doom it is! :)
So, think I could get my money back? Or get enough people to sue there asses for making such a crappy thing as Steam?

Who is Jesus Steam?:D

Shockwave

Banned
Sep 16, 2000
GODDAMN! If it isnt Steam its AA!
"That may be your way, but its not the Army's way"

:|:|:|:|:|:|

I JUST WANT TO CLIMB DOWN THE NET!!! :|