Think I just made an improvement with a new mouse

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
For years, I've basically liked the basic type of mouse like the Intellimouse or Logitch g9x. But they've always felt a bit too small, and I constantly accidentally click with them - to the point for example I'd warn World of Tanks teams I didn't mean to shoot them in the back, or would dismount every few seconds trying to ride a mount in an MMO. Very annoying.

Then I saw in an article about recommended gaming mice 'best mouse for a larger hand'. I'd just been wanting one that actually had more of a palm grip. Never heard of it, the Mionix NAOS 7000. Ordered it, it just got here, only used it for a few minutes, but already, a comfortable palm grip, and no accidental shooting so far. Whew.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
After a couple hours - it still feels too small, and it's slippery - so fingers sliding around on it a little trying to aim. Also even on the fastest setting, the cursor still seems a bit slow. On the plus, the accidental click is solved. My old mouse has a less slippery material for grip. So it's a tradeoff...

New one feels barely bigger really, but has a place for the finger on the right that's a bit more comfortable.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The Benq EC looks like the opposite of this - a smaller, esports type mouse. Corsair has a lot of models, but none I saw jump out, though some are on 'best' lists.

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
I have pretty large hands and I have been using a logitech g502 for years. It's not wide but it is long and that's what I like about it.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I have pretty large hands and I have been using a logitech g502 for years. It's not wide but it is long and that's what I like about it.

Interesting - I saw the g502 on a lot of 'best' lists, but in the pros/cons just saw 'poor fit for big hands' in the con list.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I'm a fan of Logitech mice right now. Currently have a G403 that has been great. It's all personal and you really have to use them for a bit to see if it's for you unfortunately which makes feeling them out at Best Buy kind of useless for me.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
I have a logitech g700s and its good for big hands IMO.

I love my g700s. But the charging cord input is shorting. And the thing eats regular batteries like crazy (as far as I can tell, there is no auto-off function and I never remember to flip the mouse over and turn it off).

It's been discontinued, so unless you're willing to spend hundreds on the used market, it's not really an affordable option anymore.

I spent Nov/Dec last year looking for a replacement as an Xmas present for myself. I gave up after several trips to Fry's, Best Buy, and Office Depot.

I don't have big hands. But I want a full-size mouse that's comfortable.....

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
The Benq EC looks like the opposite of this - a smaller, esports type mouse. Corsair has a lot of models, but none I saw jump out, though some are on 'best' lists.

I ran into this too. I looked at several Corsair mice at Best Buy and Fry's....none were full-sized. It seems like the market trend is for smaller, lighter mice.

This is the mouse that felt the best to me:

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Master-Wireless-Mouse-Rechargeable/dp/B071YZJ1G1/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

But it was about $85 last winter and I felt it was too pricey. It's come down a bit. I might have to reconsider.

GoodRevrnd

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
A Corsair M65 is a pretty large palm mouse imo. The Benq EC1 is also considered a larger mouse. If you're still looking for bigger, maybe a Benq FK+? And if you find mice too slippery sometimes rubbing them w/ a magic eraser roughens them up just enough.

MBrown

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
I love my g700s. But the charging cord input is shorting. And the thing eats regular batteries like crazy (as far as I can tell, there is no auto-off function and I never remember to flip the mouse over and turn it off).

It's been discontinued, so unless you're willing to spend hundreds on the used market, it's not really an affordable option anymore.

I spent Nov/Dec last year looking for a replacement as an Xmas present for myself. I gave up after several trips to Fry's, Best Buy, and Office Depot.

I don't have big hands. But I want a full-size mouse that's comfortable.....

What mouse did you end up getting as a replacement? Most of the time I use it plugged in so I am never using it for long enough in wireless for the battery to run low. But I do agree that the battery doesn't last long at all.

Edit: Never mind. I saw after that you ended up going with the MX Master. From the pictures it looks smaller than the g700s.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
What mouse did you end up getting as a replacement? Most of the time I use it plugged in so I am never using it for long enough in wireless for the battery to run low. But I do agree that the battery doesn't last long at all.

Edit: Never mind. I saw after that you ended up going with the MX Master. From the pictures it looks smaller than the g700s.

Actually, I'm still running with my g700s. And still getting evil looks from my wife everytime I throw another set of dead AA batteries into the "to be disposed of properly" box in the kitchen.....

But I did actually try out the MX Master at Best Buy. It's about the same size as the g700s. Maybe a bit wider actually....

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I have larger hands as well, but I use what is described as the "claw grip" (as opposed to the "finger grib" and "palm grip"). As such, I tend to prefer small to medium sized mice body with typical full sized buttons. I have been hard pressed to find any kind of suitable replacement (not that I have really been looking for one) to my Logitech G9X which I use with the small body and a specific weight set.

I don't quite know what I will do if/when the G9X dies on me (I have installed my own strain relief on the wire which seems to be the biggest reason of failure). But it is a 10 year old mouse now (but surprisingly still holds it's own in terms of performance).

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
As I said above, it felt slow - so I set Window to the fastest setting and it still felt a little slow. Been that way a couple weeks.

Just now, in the middle of a game, it started suddenly going wildly fast, and has stayed that way, so I'm going to have to set the speed down a lot. Any idea why that would happen, that the setting wouldn't seem to take effect until suddenly a couple weeks later?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Found the problem - there's a 'dpi' switch next to the scroll button I must have pressed.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Hm, messing around with it some more, it's seeming like I can't find the right speed. One setting with max mouse windows speed is too slow, but if I increase the mouse speed 1 and go to slowest windows setting, it's too fast. Hm.

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
You should really choose a mouse based on your grip style. A few manufacturers (like Razer) have a little questionnaire you go through and they will display mice that fit your grip style. There are also higher end adjustable mice that you can set the size and weight of.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
You should really choose a mouse based on your grip style. A few manufacturers (like Razer) have a little questionnaire you go through and they will display mice that fit your grip style. There are also higher end adjustable mice that you can set the size and weight of.

Ya, this one was given awarded for 'best mouse for large hands' and seem to be quite big enough. The ones I see in pictures for 'palm grip' don't look any larger. Unless I find a better fit sometime, I'm thinking I'll stick this one, but want the speed to feel 'right'.