Things you think they should have fixed by now

Mar 15, 2003
I'll start:

Suction cup GPS/device docks - hate them so much, and they always seem to fall off at the worst possible moment...

Your turn

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'll start:

Suction cup GPS/device docks - hate them so much, and they always seem to fall off at the worst possible moment...

Your turn

every suction-cup device sucks. think of the in-shower shaving mirror, shampoo and soap shelves...whatever. None of that ever works. Probably b/c they are all used in improper places (window gets too hot for GPS dock; too wet for in-shower use)

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Cancer.

how about we stop caring about penis pills and fucking hair loss and focus on something that matters?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
The latest Nobel Peace Prize award - why hasn't it been taken back and the committee come up with some lame-o, but "at least they have one" excuse as to how the hell Obama "won" it for "all his hard work" during the first two weeks of his presidency.

HannibalX

Diamond Member
May 12, 2000
i just want my flying car

is that too much to ask for?

I'd settle for high speed rail. Here in Florida we had a plan to build three high speed trains linking our large metro areas: Orlando, Tampa and Miami. The Fed was going to give us 400 mil and all we had to do was match it. This Fed money was pre-stimulus, it was budgeted back in 2005 and was part of the normal Fed transportation budget. Well, it got voted down. We're going to try again next year.

It would be pretty sweet IMO. 20 minutes by train to Tampa from Orlando, 1 hour by train to Miami.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
I'd like an energy drink that also gives me motivation.

*tries to study for final tonight*

Mar 15, 2003
every suction-cup device sucks. think of the in-shower shaving mirror, shampoo and soap shelves...whatever. None of that ever works. Probably b/c they are all used in improper places (window gets too hot for GPS dock; too wet for in-shower use)

Oh, I agree with you - why do people even make suction cup things in the first place?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
the way that explorer in windows will randomly change folder views even though i clicked on "apply to all folders" when initially setting it. that has happened since i can remember and still happens in windows 7.

pisses me off to no end.

Mar 15, 2003
the way that explorer in windows will randomly change folder views even though i clicked on "apply to all folders" when initially setting it. that has happened since i can remember and still happens in windows 7.

pisses me off to no end.

Good one. I don't want to see thumbnails of my po... nevermind!

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
The latest Nobel Peace Prize award - why hasn't it been taken back and the committee come up with some lame-o, but "at least they have one" excuse as to how the hell Obama "won" it for "all his hard work" during the first two weeks of his presidency.

How about we not turn a thread unnecessarily political? Hmmmm?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
/hangs head

Sorry...can't help it. Just think it's utter crap. I'll leave the thread alone now.

Tremulant

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
I'd settle for high speed rail. Here in Florida we had a plan to build three high speed trains linking our large metro areas: Orlando, Tampa and Miami. The Fed was going to give us 400 mil and all we had to do was match it. This Fed money was pre-stimulus, it was budgeted back in 2005 and was part of the normal Fed transportation budget. Well, it got voted down. We're going to try again next year.

It would be pretty sweet IMO. 20 minutes by train to Tampa from Orlando, 1 hour by train to Miami.

That would be awesome. My brother is going to UCF right now and that would make it a ton easier for him to visit home.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000

pisses me off to no end.

This!

Mar 15, 2003
Another car related one - my windshield takes far too long to defrost... My rear windows (with those wire things through them) are much more efficient, how about working on invisible heating elements?