::: Things to do while on loOoong plane trip :::

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
for those saying Mile High Club... have YOU ever had sex in an airplane bathroom??? i hate to tell you, but it is virtually impossible... even first class bathrooms are tiny.
no, we have never done it because it would look very suspecious if two seat together were unoccupied.

I haven't. I don't have the nerve to try it either. ;)

And yes, those bathrooms are tiny. Similar to the bathroom (head) on a small sailboat.

sash1

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by: BKLounger
Actually how is the battery life on a ds lite? or a psp? would they be enough for this whole flight?

I ask because i am going on a 13 hour flight to hawaii in june.

The regular DS (what I have) has a 10hr battery life.

The DS lite apparently has about twice that, though I don't know myself. I think it's supposed to be 19 hours or something

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
if you're flying a good airline, they usually have TVs at every seat ...

and they play pretty recent movies. movies that came out but aren't on dvd yet ...

HN

Diamond Member
Jan 19, 2001
1. i believe those little alcohol bottles are comp on international flights (they were on both my trips, Thailand and Vietnam).

2. find out what type of plane it will be and then check seatguru.com for availability of power ports

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
for those saying Mile High Club... have YOU ever had sex in an airplane bathroom??? i hate to tell you, but it is virtually impossible... even first class bathrooms are tiny.
no, we have never done it because it would look very suspecious if two seat together were unoccupied.

I haven't. I don't have the nerve to try it either. ;)

And yes, those bathrooms are tiny. Similar to the bathroom (head) on a small sailboat.

its not impossible tho... i thought about it but then realize how disgusted i would be if i was waiting for the pisser and two ppl walk out... plus we use to catch ppl (when i use to do restaurant) in the bathrooms all the time & its so unclassy...

-JR

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: HN
1. i believe those little alcohol bottles are comp on international flights (they were on both my trips, Thailand and Vietnam).

2. find out what type of plane it will be and then check seatguru.com for availability of power ports

Yeah the wines are comp'd...

Nice on the seatguru.com maybe i can change seats ...

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: thegimp03
A book and sleeping pills.

They don't allow non prescribed pills onboard anymore... but 18hrs + to sleep & read really sux...

I wish I could do something and get paid during that flight...zzz

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: mooncancook
play chess. if your gf doesn't want to play, play against others in the flight

assuming that i know how... hehe i do... i have a magnet set + on the pc..

she wanted to learn how to knit... maybe now is the time.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
sudoku. either you'll play it to death or get bored and fall asleep.

teach her how to play D&D, pen and paper style. Role play or something. I dunno.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Wash a couple of valuims down with several glasses of whatever alcoholic beverage they have, and sleep all the way...:cookie:

JackRipper

Apr 8, 2002
Ended up taking DVD player... no DSLite (oos @ costco zzz) Lappy and some other things... For most of the ride the in seat LCD's provided most of the entertainment. tbh the longest leg i had to take was about 12 hours... it sucked pretty bad cause the guy in front loved leaning and stretching the limits of the seat....

My gf slept most of the flight.

Next time I think I'm gonna switch to Business Class.... Vacation shouldnt be this painful sitting in coach for 12 hours.

JR

(I sorda made up for it by having haircut/facial massage/body massage <no happy ending> all for about 12 bux including tip)

Dunbar

Platinum Member
Feb 19, 2001
So I take it you still have the return flight ahead of you? International travel in economy class is almost like torture. As many distractions as I bring I usually just sit there and stare at the map on the TV. I would say bring Ambien and a beanie pillow and try to sleep. I'd pay a good chunk of change to upgrade to business on a 12 hour flight.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Originally posted by: JackRipper
Originally posted by: Pegun
Trade cell phones with the people around you...oh wait dont do that. Um...bring a book, ipod, laptop with fable, doom 3, fear, etc?

That keeps me occupied fine... however i dunno if there are power plugins and such as most flights i have been on have no power plugin...

Then there is the GF... i guess i can get her some Toy Transformers... ;)

This long flight is really gonna blow... ~sigh what to do what to do...

remove an access panel to get to the electrical outlets. How else does the The cleaning crew vacuum.

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001

Who said anything about the bathroom?;)