Thing that bugs me about the movie 300...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
I nitpick movies...but jeebus man...that's pretty overboard. I noticed it the first time i watched it, but it certainly didn't bother me and didn't ruin anything. It's a dramatization...not historical fact.

xboxist

Diamond Member
Jun 25, 2002
A phalanx works as a single, impenetrable unit. Not even sprays of blood make it through.

ed21x

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2001
the persions didn't have red blood... it was like black or something, and they weren't exactly human either, so maybe all that dirt on their glistening spartan bodies were actually bits of persian blood.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Why the hell did you start a new post from your reply in the 300 thread? Jeez, who gives a crap? The excessive gore was done in comic book style and meant to be flashy.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: eits
if you're gonna complain about something, why don't you complain about how they didn't fight just wearing boy shorts and a cape.

not to mention it was not just the 300 spartans that stayed to fight etc etc etc.

it was a damn movie (good one at that).

as others said its based off a comic book.

Bacstar

Golden Member
Nov 2, 2006
If you happen to get the DVD with the Xtra's DVD....there is an interview with the director or the comic book writer, i forget exactly, that mentions that this was done on purpose in the style of the comic book.

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
Originally posted by: AMCRambler
I liked 300, it's a good movie and the fight scenes are wicked. I rented it to watch it again after originally seeing it in the theater and one thing started bothering me. They've got these super gory fight scenes where Xerxes soldiers are just getting torn apart, limbs flying off, decapitations with blood and gibs flying everywhere. Yet after the fights are over and the Spartans are all standing around, they're a little sweaty and maybe bleeding from a few cuts or wounds of their own, but that's it. They should be soaked in blood with the amount of gore flying around, especially in close combat like that. I still loved the flick, but that was nagging at me the whole time I watched the second time around. Anyone else notice that?

Isn't this a repost from the 300 DVD release thread?

EDIT: Confirmed. Here's the "I just watched 300 on BD" thread.

OP, WTH is wrong with you? Not enough comments and reactions to your post in that thread last week? Had to start your very own thread? :confused:

Nothing wrong with me. That's exactly my purpose for making the new thread. No one responded whether it bother them or not. So rather than change the topic of the "What do you think of 300 on Blue Ray" thread, I made my own.
To be honest, I doubted whether anyone read the posts in the thread previous to making their own. Most people are lazy. They see a topic they like, post their reponse to the original post and won't bother to read through the two pages of responses to see if what they had to contribute had already been said. Case in point, Lokiju's response about 6 posts down from yours. Does that help your confusion?

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Bacstar
If you happen to get the DVD with the Xtra's DVD....there is an interview with the director or the comic book writer, i forget exactly, that mentions that this was done on purpose in the style of the comic book.

Ahhh, ok. So there's an explanation for it. The graphic novel was illustrated in this manner, so to be true to the original they did it that way. It seemed like a pretty big oversight for a film maker/editor to make unless they did it on purpose.
This makes more sense then all these idiotic "It's comic book style!" responses. I've seen plenty of comic books with gore and blood. Comic book\graphic novel style does not mean blood never gets on the character doing the killing. This is a choice the people creating the book make.
Like I said, it didn't ruin the movie for me. It wasn't like I was sitting there screaming at the tv and had to turn it off. Just irked me is all. You guys love to blow things out of proportion.

I think I'm gonna go get Casiotech to draw me some 300 "Generic Males" covered in blood now so I feel better about the whole thing.

CasioTech

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2000
well if it wasn't poorly animated blood, maybe it would have hit them.

One generic male model coming right up, good sir.