Thief 2

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I just started playing this game, and it is great! I know Thief 2 has been out for a while, but I can't get over how superb the gameplay/graphics are. I love sneaking around those buildings staying in the shadows and not making any noise!

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
yeah! :) I simply loved Thief, and Thief 2 is even better. It's so intensive I can't stand playing more than two or three missions a week, but when I pick it up, I usually play during the night with all light shut off, so it's enjoyed to the full extent. it simply rocks that game.....so intense, so creepy, so cool.....

btw, can you recognize the quote in my sig? ;)

chipbgt

Banned
Nov 30, 1999
I will go buy it , just tell me there arent any of those STUPID zombies to kill lke in the first one.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
It's one of the few games that is actually scary to play. There is nothing more scary then hearing those footsteps approaching as you try and hide:) If only the scenes weren't so dark........

No there aren't any zombies in this one:)

Dorn

Jun 5, 2000
Not entirely true, Sacotool. I've found 2 zombies in Thief 2. However, you have to read a spell book that you're warned not to read, and it is placed in an out-of-the-way location, but they are there. ;)

But honestly, this is by far my favorite game since System Shock 2 and the original Thief. I'm going to miss Looking Glass Studios...they had some good games.

Makanani

Jan 31, 2000
I guess I should go check out Thief 2 then. I really liked the first one, as my grades during that quarter reflects the time i put into playing that game. :p

Prodigy^

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
if you liked Thief you can ONLY love Thief 2, I swear :) the only bad thing is that the graphics engine is still a bit slow (especially with particles!) but it's no problem, if anything it's only better than the original one.

Sacotool

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2000
I've actually succumbed to cheating in the game. You can press Ctrl-Alt-Shift-End, and you'll skip to the next level. The Courier level had me stumped.....