They Want to Replace Science Textbooks with This!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Who?

I'm assuming Pastor Deacon Fred.

Religious leaders around the country believe it will replace most high school science textbooks in the next four years.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Although it would be nice to see either evolution taught next to creationism both accepted by faith with no proof either way, or not at all, there's no way that book is going to make it into highschools as anything other than required reading for religion classes or fairytale readingsin English Class.

nik

jdini76

Platinum Member
Mar 16, 2001
hehe...Read the review...here is a quote..

Required Reading For Christian Children!, October 21, 2000
Reviewer: Mrs. (Suzzanna Beth) Billy Ray Simpkins from Freehold, Iowa.
We homeschool are children and my youngins near praised Jesus for the whole night when they done red this story and I mean to tell you they was so full of joy, they wanted to go out onto the roof and play angel! We is sick of them schools teachin' kids science. I pray to Jesus that this book replaces all of them made up stories about biologenes and nature real soon!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Although it would be nice to see either evolution taught next to creationism both accepted by faith with no proof either way

One of them actually has some evidence and proof. That's the only one that should be taught.

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001
You gotta love the synopsis:

This book is a wonderful introduction to "Creation Science." Children will learn that people once lived to be 900 years old, that donkeys and snakes can talk, that the earth has four corners, that bats are really birds, that man is made of mud, that the first woman was made from a rib bone, that the world was made in 6 days, that God drowned everyone on earth one time because fallen angels were having sex with humans and creating dinosaurs, and much, much more!

Creation 'Science.' LOL

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
I actually went to the website. Very funny stuff.

I love the bible verse shirts they sell.

Around halloween, they share their plans for a haunted "hell" house.

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
Best line ever -

They will learn that some bodies do not decay after death, but remain intact and never rot so that when God finally decides to invade Earth, they will all come back to life and become "flying people" who zoom up to the clouds to join Jesus' army of angels on jet-propelled horses!"

:D

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: BDawg
Although it would be nice to see either evolution taught next to creationism both accepted by faith with no proof either way
One of them actually has some evidence and proof. That's the only one that should be taught.

They both have believable evidences, but no hard proof of either has ever been discovered. Again, I don't mind evolution taught as long as it's taught as theory along side creationism. I would LOVE to see a non-bias evolution vs. creationism class, but that's not going to happen because humans are fscking stupid.

nik

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
but no hard proof of either has ever been discovered.

Oro?

microevolution, which is an agent of macroevolution has been proven fact.

I'm not sure what believable evidence of creationism it is...the boat holding all the animals in the world, the 'fact' that the world's only 5000 years old, or the invisible swordsman. Hint, one of those is from 3 Amigos.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: BDawg
but no hard proof of either has ever been discovered.
Oro? microevolution, which is an agent of macroevolution has been proven fact. I'm not sure what believable evidence of creationism it is...the boat holding all the animals in the world, the 'fact' that the world's only 5000 years old, or the invisible swordsman. Hint, one of those is from 3 Amigos.

rolleye.gif
think what you will. I really don't have the patience to get into it, but arguements on both sides can be easily defeated if someone knows what they're doing.

nik

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
did you know that Darwin was a "boat-riding, bird-watching, monkey-loving, lizard-humping, 19th-century liberal?"

lol...

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
don't mind evolution taught as long as it's taught as theory along side creationism.
The kids have trouble enough with the triuth, no need to confuse them with the lies of creationism.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
don't mind evolution taught as long as it's taught as theory along side creationism.
The kids have trouble enough with the triuth, no need to confuse them with the lies of creationism.

See? Proof. One of the Three Wise Men just showed up. :p

nik

ZeroBurn

Platinum Member
Jul 29, 2000
LOL, for those that haven't picked up on it, the site is a Onion-styled site with spoofed new articles. i remember reading some stuff a while back, some of it's hilarious. check it out :D