They going to let Bradley Manning see the light of day?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
You know, before the media showed all the horrors of war to Joe and Jill Public back in the states, we actually won wars. Women and children get killed and maimed in war. I've waded onto a greyhound style bus that was blown apart by a ~1300lb car bomb in Kabul. It was on the way to a school, so it was literally full of women and children. Blood was running down the steps by the time we got to it. Moms were holding halves of kids. But it's my job to deal with that sort of thing and move on.

What the media has done is expose everyone back home to that sort of thing, and that's caused collateral damage to become more important than winning. And hey, if that's the case, which would be totally understandable, then stop the war and bring the troops home.
You're missing the point, which is that America is evil, the American military is the most evil part, and those who damage America and the American military are heroes. When some evil bastard drives a bomb into a school bus to blow up kids for the greater glory of Allah (peace be on him), it's actually your fault and mine.

Seriously, thank you for your service. I literally cannot imagine dealing with that and moving on. Thank you for being on the front lines (wherever our idiot politicians decide those should be) so that I am free to drink a cold Mountain Dew while playing Call of Duty. I fully realize that because of men and women like you, I can (and do) choose to be no closer to war than that. I hope that we do pull back from being the world's policeman because frankly, we aren't worth the troops' lives lost.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
You take your hero worship (or man crush, or whatever) a

Snipped to show your amazing ignorance and trolling, and personal attacks.

You wanna provide some proof of the BS you are posting? It was a lie then, and it's still a lie.

Once again, insulting me isn't a valid argument. You refuse to accept that many people (including me) could care less personally about Manning. It's about the presumption of innocence, and how the .gov and people like you have declared him guilty, so no one feels bad about starting to punish him before the trial. It's all about his guilt was decided in the court of public opinion, and therefor you don't care that they mistreat him.

I really don't care if he gets found guilty, I care that he (and everyone else in the US) gets the law followed and gets a fair trial. I pointed this out before, and you conveniently ignored it, and preferred to personally insult me time and time again.

Now everyone can once again see that your concept that anyone who is against Meaning's treatment is obviously gay with a man crush on him.

You seriously have some mental issues going with yourself if you have to think like that, let alone try to argue and defend that.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Military rules and conduct are different by LAW than civilian.

Many Manning supporters have a hard time getting that into their heads and understanding such.

Manning is being handled according to MILITARY LAW.
Those laws are being strictly followed.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Snipped to show your amazing ignorance and trolling, and personal attacks.

You wanna provide some proof of the BS you are posting? It was a lie then, and it's still a lie.

Once again, insulting me isn't a valid argument. You refuse to accept that many people (including me) could care less personally about Manning. It's about the presumption of innocence, and how the .gov and people like you have declared him guilty, so no one feels bad about starting to punish him before the trial. It's all about his guilt was decided in the court of public opinion, and therefor you don't care that they mistreat him.

I really don't care if he gets found guilty, I care that he (and everyone else in the US) gets the law followed and gets a fair trial. I pointed this out before, and you conveniently ignored it, and preferred to personally insult me time and time again.

Now everyone can once again see that your concept that anyone who is against Meaning's treatment is obviously gay with a man crush on him.

You seriously have some mental issues going with yourself if you have to think like that, let alone try to argue and defend that.
"Man crush" /= gay. "Crush" would be gay. And I'm not personally insulting you, I'm merely pointing out that you have an emotional attachment to this man and, as that is utterly incomprehensible to me, using a wide latitude of possibilities to account for it. This is crystal clear as there are an astounding number of Americans each year who have not been accorded nearly as much justice as has Mr. Manning, yet he is your cause celeb.

As Eaglekeeper and many others have repeatedly pointed out, Manning has been treated exactly according to military law. Considering that he is charged with crimes under military law, that seems abundantly appropriate to most of us.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
"Man crush" /= gay. "Crush" would be gay. And I'm not personally insulting you, I'm merely pointing out that you have an emotional attachment to this man and, as that is utterly incomprehensible to me, using a wide latitude of possibilities to account for it. This is crystal clear as there are an astounding number of Americans each year who have not been accorded nearly as much justice as has Mr. Manning, yet he is your cause celeb.

As Eaglekeeper and many others have repeatedly pointed out, Manning has been treated exactly according to military law. Considering that he is charged with crimes under military law, that seems abundantly appropriate to most of us.

Good to see in over a year, you still show your ignorance annd bigotry.

What does Manning's sexual orientation have to do with his crime? Nothing.

So it is interesting that you feel the need to bring it into the discussion in the first place, and after having a year to think about it, you still feel compelled to be ignorant. Maybe you have some issues of your own to work through? You are a hard core GOP supporter, they tend in general to have issues with gay people.

What if Manning was a 20 year old hot woman? You going to claim that I was just trying to sleep with her?

If Manning was a 65 year old fat guy, would you still claim a "man crush"? Just goes to show how irrelevant and ignorant your posts are.

Really, how pathetic you are to stoop this low. Once again, you have no real basis for defense, so you go straight to the ad hom attacks. Unfortunately, as shown in my thread you aren't the only one that feels that ad hom attacks are acceptable when you have no other way of debating. But I am betting you don't mind.

Oh, BTW, you ignored me again, about my indifference to Manning himself, but then, if you read that, you couldn't through out the "gay" card could you? Bigoted and ignorant, what a combo.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Good to see in over a year, you still show your ignorance annd bigotry.

What does Manning's sexual orientation have to do with his crime? Nothing.

So it is interesting that you feel the need to bring it into the discussion in the first place, and after having a year to think about it, you still feel compelled to be ignorant. Maybe you have some issues of your own to work through? You are a hard core GOP supporter, they tend in general to have issues with gay people.

What if Manning was a 20 year old hot woman? You going to claim that I was just trying to sleep with her?

If Manning was a 65 year old fat guy, would you still claim a "man crush"? Just goes to show how irrelevant and ignorant your posts are.

Really, how pathetic you are to stoop this low. Once again, you have no real basis for defense, so you go straight to the ad hom attacks. Unfortunately, as shown in my thread you aren't the only one that feels that ad hom attacks are acceptable when you have no other way of debating. But I am betting you don't mind.

Oh, BTW, you ignored me again, about my indifference to Manning himself, but then, if you read that, you couldn't through out the "gay" card could you? Bigoted and ignorant, what a combo.
If you are going to argue on the Internet, either defect to a kiddie board or learn to read and comprehend. At no point have I raised Manning's sexual orientation. I also pointed out that "man crush" is a hetero relationship, NOT homosexual. Were Manning a 65 year old fat guy, your emotional attachment (assuming it is not homosexual in nature) would still be a man crush.