They Cloned a Cat!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Researchers in Texas have cloned a cat, producing a two-month-old kitten called Cc:.
The work is described in the scientific journal Nature and is the first time anyone has cloned a pet.

Link

Wilson stock enjoyed a 2 dollar climb in their Tennis Raquet Division after the news hit the Stock Exchange Floor.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

<< The Wall Street Journal says the work at Texas A&M University was financed by an 81-year-old financier called John Sperling, who wants to charge wealthy pet owners to clone their pets. >>

Here lies my ethical problem with cloning.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
LMAO.. And they think that if they clone the animal, it will be exactly the same the 2nd time around?

Hmm.. It wouldn't, would it? lol

lebe0024

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
There's lot's of info on cloning out there. they've just about cloned anything you can think of. I'm surprized they haven't cloned pets yet, they've cloned just about every other animal. I would bet the farm that human cloning/testing has already begun in laberatories outside the US (it's illegal here, I guess).

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
When are they gonna clone Pamela Anderson. Keep in mind there are 18 year old lead times till adulthood, I don't know if I can wait that long :)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

<< When are they gonna clone Pamela Anderson. Keep in mind there are 18 year old lead times till adulthood, I don't know if I can wait that long :) >>

See, the problem is that we'll need an untainted DNA sample from...oh say about 15 years ago before Pam aquired who know's what diseases from the high caliber partners that she's banged in the recent years.

We wouldn't want any nasty rashes or an itch that just won't go away getting carried over to our PamClone.

jamison

Platinum Member
Mar 7, 2001
If I were rich, I would definately clone my Homer cat. He could win awards for being such a good cat!

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Once the Chinese harness this new-found power we're going to be overrun with Chinese restaurants....

j/k

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Once the Chinese harness this new-found power we're going to be overrun with Chinese restaurants.... >>

LOL ouch :D

rufruf44

Platinum Member
May 8, 2001

<< Once the Chinese harness this new-found power we're going to be overrun with Chinese restaurants.... >>

Bwahaha, .....wait we already are :)

Anghang

Platinum Member
Apr 30, 2001

<< Once the Chinese harness this new-found power we're going to be overrun with Chinese restaurants....
j/k
>>

dang!...good think you added that j/k or it may get ugly...actually...it still may...hehe... :p

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<< That is a really clever name for a clone..... >>

thats what i was thinking the whole time. i was suprised no one mentioned it till you did. i like the name....:D

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000

<< And they think that if they clone the animal, it will be exactly the same the 2nd time around? >>

The physical characteristics, both good and bad, should be reproduced pretty closely. But if cats have unique personalities (do they?), that won't be carried over.

AaronP

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2000
I want a Repet!

BOOYA!

The 6th Day was a fricken good prediction of the future.

Zenmervolt

Elite member
Oct 22, 2000
<<Wilson stock enjoyed a 2 dollar climb in their Tennis Raquet Division after the news hit the Stock Exchange Floor.>>

OK, first of all, very few people string their raquets with catgut anymore, and second of all, isn't catgut really made from sheep or something? Sorry to kill the joke. If you have a DNA sample, I'm sure these researchers can clone the joke if you miss it though. :p

ZV

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Hell Tex, when they learn to clone Pigs you'll have no problem finding a date.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I would love if I could get my cat cloned, she is old and probably wont last much longer:( but she is one of a kind and I would like to make her two of a kind :)

6th day anyone ;)