These guys must be pissed

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
5,399
51
91
Ok, it was partially my fault and my coworkers too. I get a call from the receptionist that some guys are here with a new copier. I thought "great" we're getting a new replacement copier. Not knowing that it wasn't suppose to be here until next Wednesday because I wasn't inform of anything, I accepted the copier.

By the time I let my coworker know we were receiving it today, they had already move the new one up and the old one back down. So we go and tell the guys that we're refusing the shipment and to bring the old one back up. I know it was totally f'ed up but the company we lease the copiers from KNEW that it wasn't suppose to be delivered until Wed because my supervisor explicitly told them so.
 

FoBoT

No Lifer
Apr 30, 2001
63,089
12
76
fobot.com
what is special about wednesday? some accounting trick and you can't put it on the books until feb. ?
 

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
61,713
12
56
Originally posted by: FoBoT
what is special about wednesday? some accounting trick and you can't put it on the books until feb. ?
i would like to know the answer to this too.

 

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
24,037
21
81
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: FoBoT
what is special about wednesday? some accounting trick and you can't put it on the books until feb. ?
i would like to know the answer to this too.

Yep, sounds like finance trickery.
 

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
20,022
17
81
...Not knowing that it wasn't suppose to be here until next Wednesday because I wasn't inform of anything...

Probably too busy posting on a BBS to pay attention. We going to have to wait till he's at work tomorrow to get these questions answered? How long is the commute home, and will he bother to waste his own time to post from there? :roll:
 

Juice Box

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2003
9,615
1
0
what if the IT dept is very backed up, and didnt have the IP setting down for the new printer, and just dont have time to take care of it? If it is one of the only copier/printers, that can set the company back if they are unable to print.
 

Kev

Lifer
Dec 17, 2001
16,367
4
81
Originally posted by: jtvang125
Ok, it was partially my fault and my coworkers too. I get a call from the receptionist that some guys are here with a new copier. I thought "great" we're getting a new replacement copier. Not knowing that it wasn't suppose to be here until next Wednesday because I wasn't inform of anything, I accepted the copier.

By the time I let my coworker know we were receiving it today, they had already move the new one up and the old one back down. So we go and tell the guys that we're refusing the shipment and to bring the old one back up. I know it was totally f'ed up but the company we lease the copiers from KNEW that it wasn't suppose to be delivered until Wed because my supervisor explicitly told them so.

I can only imagine the delicacy and care they will be handling your new device with on the 2nd delivery.
 

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
10,658
3
81
Originally posted by: Kev
Originally posted by: jtvang125
Ok, it was partially my fault and my coworkers too. I get a call from the receptionist that some guys are here with a new copier. I thought "great" we're getting a new replacement copier. Not knowing that it wasn't suppose to be here until next Wednesday because I wasn't inform of anything, I accepted the copier.

By the time I let my coworker know we were receiving it today, they had already move the new one up and the old one back down. So we go and tell the guys that we're refusing the shipment and to bring the old one back up. I know it was totally f'ed up but the company we lease the copiers from KNEW that it wasn't suppose to be delivered until Wed because my supervisor explicitly told them so.

I can only imagine the delicacy and care they will be handling your new device with on the 2nd delivery.

 

mcvickj

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2001
4,602
0
76
So you did all of this without contacting your supervisor?? You should have called and let him make the decision.
 

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
5,399
51
91
Originally posted by: FoBoT
what is special about wednesday? some accounting trick and you can't put it on the books until feb. ?

No, more like accounting and sales tricks on their end. I don't know why it has to be Wed but one reason I could think of that we can't receive it today is that it is month end. We don't want to be making changes to our systems and equipment that may cause problems in which it will lower productivity for departments. And if a department doesn't hit their goal this month because of changes we (IT) made, our a$$es can be on the line.

I can only imagine the delicacy and care they will be handling your new device with on the 2nd delivery.

We are just leasing it and did not purchase the copier. If it was damaged in delivery it would not be are fault. Maintenance of the machine is also provided by the leasing company so they would only be screwing themselves over.
 

Shame

Platinum Member
Dec 28, 2001
2,730
0
71
Ok, now I get it. The early delivery is to a correctional facility, and you are an inmate, aren't you?
 

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
5,399
51
91
Originally posted by: mcvickj
So you did all of this without contacting your supervisor?? You should have called and let him make the decision.

That's why in my OP I admit it was partially my fault for not asking my coworker before accepting the thing. With this being such a touchy issue for us, my coworkers should have also atleast said mention to me that we're expecting a copier in but not until Wed. Just a miscommunication between us. And I felt bad for those guys, I really do. We did apologize for what happened.