These forums are going to the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
For once I'd like to see a good old fashions "Post Your Specs" thread, or a what kind of results do you get in benchmark X. Instead I see theads titled "What's the best video card for $60" or "What kind of system can I build for $200". We need some actual enthusiast threads here again.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Maybe the real enthusista already know and don't need to ask? There's no requirement to read every thread. :)

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
You've apparently missed the discussions in Motherboards comparing SB board choices, Storage discussing SSDs, and the Video battles between red and green GPUs.

GH has mostly been about building systems under a given set of constraints for awhile now. The challenge is to pick the best components that satisfy the requirements.

Most of the benchmarking threads are in other AT subforums right now.

NiceCold

May 14, 2011
what about this?

what cause a no-signal monitor that has nothing on screen when boot up.... all fans is running but no screen is black while psu is brand new working condition. ruling out ram, hdd also. what cause this? check mothebroard and seems fine no fried signs or bad capacitor whatsoever.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
what about this?

what cause a no-signal monitor that has nothing on screen when boot up.... all fans is running but no screen is black while psu is brand new working condition. ruling out ram, hdd also. what cause this? check mothebroard and seems fine no fried signs or bad capacitor whatsoever.

That depends. What does it get in PCMark 7?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Maybe this is the basic forum that noobs gravitate to. Try Highly Technical or Memory and Storage.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Lemme guess, you like e-peen contests because you have the gear to win and brag in most of them...but the vast majority of enthusiasts here in these forums have long ago given up trying to compete in such pointless e-peen pissing contests/threads and the ego's that are to be found inside them, thus denying you the grand audience you seek for validation of your hardware purchases?

As such, it is the forums that are going to the dogs because the forums don't play into your bragadouchery braggadocio psychological needs. :rolleyes:

Am I summing it up right?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
If there is any trouble on these forums it is the amount of useless complaining.

:cool:

Nov 26, 2005
Lemme guess, you like e-peen contests because you have the gear to win and brag in most of them...but the vast majority of enthusiasts here in these forums have long ago given up trying to compete in such pointless e-peen pissing contests/threads and the ego's that are to be found inside them, thus denying you the grand audience you seek for validation of your hardware purchases?

As such, it is the forums that are going to the dogs because the forums don't play into your bragadouchery braggadocio psychological needs. :rolleyes:

Am I summing it up right?

lol
saving this post!

wwswimming

Banned
Jan 21, 2006
all right, here's sort of an enthusiast question.

what is the typical PC board they use in motherboards these days ?

i've seen a production line for military hardware, 20 layers, 6 mil traces & 6 mil spaces. but that was in about 2002, and it was military electronics.

i figure they probably go even finer these days.

4 mil traces, 4 mil spaces ?

2 ounce copper for ground & power planes ?

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
all right, here's sort of an enthusiast question.

what is the typical PC board they use in motherboards these days ?

i've seen a production line for military hardware, 20 layers, 6 mil traces & 6 mil spaces. but that was in about 2002, and it was military electronics.

i figure they probably go even finer these days.

4 mil traces, 4 mil spaces ?

2 ounce copper for ground & power planes ?

Start a new thread in Highly Technical.

Edit: Looks like idontcare shut AdamK47 up! :awe:

Slugbait

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Edit: Looks like idontcare shut AdamK47 up! :awe:

Actually, he probably spent an hour composing a witty retort, and when clicking Submit got the weekly "Sorry. The forums are closed for maintenance" and lost everything he wrote. Probably lost a letter on his keyboard when he slammed his forehead into it.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nah, I just logged on for the first time today.

In retrospect I should not have created this thread. I can see that now with a clearer rested head. You can delete this thread if you want.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Nah, I just logged on for the first time today.

In retrospect I should not have created this thread. I can see that now with a clearer rested head. You can delete this thread if you want.

Why delete the thread?? Us old timers need a good laugh with our morning coffee and toast.....

Status
Not open for further replies.