Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate VS. Corsair H105

_UP_

Feb 17, 2013
Hey All!
So, I was planning going custom loop, but unfortunately, that just won't happen. Don't have time to set it up, and tweak it, as I upgrade rather often.
I'm also quite done with giant air coolers, for the same reason - accessing RAM with Noctua NH-D14 is annoying as hell.
So, that leaves us with CLCs.
I read a lot and have narrowed it down to Corsair H105 and ThermalTake Water 3.0 Ultimate.
I know that the Swiftech H220X is great, but it's not available in Canada, and also costs a lot more than anything else.
I'm not considering 140mm fan rads, as I intend to replace the stock fans of either one with GTs (AP-45s in either push or push/pull).
Price is the same for both units, so ignore that. Also, will replace the TIM with GC Extreme (already have that and the fans).
I found some very fond reviews of the TT unit (such as TweakTown and HardOCP) and then some not as enthusiastic (there are quite a few).
Rig specs in sig.

TL;DR
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (360 ram) vs. Corsair H105 - same price, GT AP-45 and GC Extreme.
What do you guys think?

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Even though you are looking for a performance oriented answer, my response is not going to be strictly that.

Don't by the Thermaltake. Way too much of what they sell is overpriced and very cheaply made (by someone else). I noticed on Newegg there are some nice reviews of the TT, but no one reviewing has had the system very long at all.

I would go with the Corsair.

My two cents.

_UP_

Feb 17, 2013
Even though you are looking for a performance oriented answer, my response is not going to be strictly that.

Don't by the Thermaltake. Way too much of what they sell is overpriced and very cheaply made (by someone else). I noticed on Newegg there are some nice reviews of the TT, but no one reviewing has had the system very long at all.

I would go with the Corsair.

My two cents.

Thanks!
I must say, I only had one TT thing ever. It was a case, and I hated it. But that was a long time ago, and I was thinking of giving them a second chance.
I also saw the NE reviews, which is why I was considering it (for me, that's the best source of user reviews on tech stuff). Technically, if I'm not mistaken, both units are made by Asetek. Now, I trust Corsair customer service, and it has a longer warranty, so I completely agree.
And I'm looking for this kind of feedback! I'm going away for a bit, so I have some time to think about it. so thanks again :)