Thermaltake A2029 vs. Scythe S-Flex Ultra

BaneSilvermoon

Oct 12, 2008
I currently have 3 120mm Thermaltake A2029 in my case. Intake, exhaust and Heatsink. I'm also working with an Xclio Windtunnel so there are two 250mm sidewall fans as well. I just ordered a new Thermalright TRUE Copper to toss in my rig (which will be anchored to the case frame around the PSU with wiring for support) and I went ahead and tossed two 120mm Scythe S-Flex Ultra in the cart on that order as well. I've been wanting to check some of those out in person for some time anyway. And while sound is somewhat a concern, I'm betting with the TRUE Copper a slightly higher CFM fan will produce better temps and for that I can deal with a jet engine in my room.

But I was wondering what the general thoughts around here are on these two fans. I've been getting the impression lately that people aren't to impressed with thermaltake these days. So how about it?

Thermaltake A2029 VS. Scythe S-Flex Ultra..... GO!

And for the record that 3500 RPM that NewEgg lists for the A2029 seems to be about 1000 rpm higher than the fans actually go. Every post about RPM in the reviews, and my own experience, put them around 2600 RPM at max.

katank

Jul 18, 2008
Why not just buy a couple of Yates? If you don't mind the noise, they move a lot of air and are much cheaper.