There's a Tornado just a few miles from my house

prvteye2003

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Lots of rain, thunder, lightning, and very high winds right now. Tornado spotted just a few miles north of me.

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Joeyman
wow you must be confident in your surge protector.

Do people really turn off their computers during storms?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Joeyman
wow you must be confident in your surge protector.

pfft, who shuts all their stuff off during a storm? I am usually playing online games as the world is coming apart outside :p
aint nothing gonna happen.. surge protector is guaranteed ! :D

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
OMG the tornado just sucked my house off the ground. My wireless router is still providing me with internet to the forums via my laptop. Should I scream for help see if I can make 5 more posts before the tornado tosses me onto the ground at 150 mph?

Jan 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Yossarian
it takes a true ATOTer to post while in danger from a natural disaster. good job.

well he did say it was a few miles away. If it was moving directly at him at 40 mph, he would still have 5 minutes or so before he needed to go cower in the closet.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
<IRC>
<Mill> If you are in Fort Worth, you are probably going to die.
</IRC>

Quoted for truth. I warned you people earlier. You're probably going to still die though. Sucks man. Sorry.

MattCo

Platinum Member
Jan 29, 2001
Originally posted by: HomeBrewerDude
Originally posted by: conjur http://kamala.cod.edu/svr/
From the FW link
TAKE COVER IN A BASEMENT...OR ON THE LOWEST FLOOR OF YOUR HOME IN AN INTERIOR CLOSET OR BATHROOM. USE BLANKETS OR PILLOWS FOR COVER.
There are like 18 basements in all of tarrant county. Its more likely that people would have a storm cellar in their backyard! :beer:

Yeah, I dont recall if I have EVER been in a basement other than those at companies here in the D/FW area.

-MC