There's a special place in hell for cheating on your spouse while she has cancer.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: nick1985
Originally posted by: Craig234

Their track records are enormously better than either National Enquirer or Fox News. I view Huffington Post as a commentary, not a news site, primarily, though.

Thanks for the laugh

Any evidence to prove otherwise? Of course not. I can easiy go grab ten cases of National Enquirer error and Fox error - can you do the same for NBC and Huffington Post?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: loki8481
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
pure baseless speculation.

It may be speculation but it certainly isn't baseless. There were previous reports of the relationship/child and now the late night meeting(which looks to be fact).

I was referring to the idea that John McCain is a gold digger.

OK, I didn't read it as a response to dahunan.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Their track records are enormously better than either National Enquirer or Fox News. I view Huffington Post as a commentary, not a news site, primarily, though.

Thanks for the laugh

Any evidence to prove otherwise? Of course not. I can easiy go grab ten cases of National Enquirer error and Fox error - can you do the same for NBC and Huffington Post?

Wait, you cant honestly think huffington post and NBC news never make mistakes...can you?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Wait, you cant honestly think huffington post and NBC news never make mistakes...can you?

"Enormously better than National Enquirer and Fox" != "never make mistakes".

Learn to read...

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Learn to read...

You posed a question to me, asking if I could find 10 cases of error from NBC and huffington post. Learn to read.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
-snop-
Beyond that, it appears to me Fox isn't making any accusations of its own against Edwards,..

Yeah, I don't see them making any accusation. Just confirming that the guard says he saw Edwards at the hotel and the other reporters hassling him.

This story has been around for quite a while. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was true.

While I don't care for John Edwards, I can see where having a really sick spouse can be a very tough thing. I can't really hold it against a person if something like this happens. I expect it's a very tough situation and I can see the non-sick spouse needing some "support" too.

I think this story has always prevented Edwards from being a serious VP choice.

Fern

You can't be serious.....

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Learn to read...

You posed a question to me, asking if I could find 10 cases of error from NBC and huffington post. Learn to read.

Yes, I did, and you did not answer it. Learn to read.

For fun, the Huffington Post has an article raisng questions on this same issue.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: TechAZ
-snop-
Beyond that, it appears to me Fox isn't making any accusations of its own against Edwards,..

Yeah, I don't see them making any accusation. Just confirming that the guard says he saw Edwards at the hotel and the other reporters hassling him.

This story has been around for quite a while. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if it was true.

While I don't care for John Edwards, I can see where having a really sick spouse can be a very tough thing. I can't really hold it against a person if something like this happens. I expect it's a very tough situation and I can see the non-sick spouse needing some "support" too.

Fern

Why not? Maybe the Edwards are swingers for all we know. In which case, it's none of our business.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: Vic
-snop-

Fern

Why not? Maybe the Edwards are swingers for all we know. In which case, it's none of our business.

You apparently don't know what swingers are or anything about their lifestyle. Face it, you're reaching for excuses...why? I would be saying the same shit if it was some Republican who was cheating on his wife who had cancer. Enough with the D Vs R no matter what shit.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
-snop-

Fern

You apparently don't know what swingers are or anything about their lifestyle. Face it, you're reaching for excuses...why? I would be saying the same shit if it was some Republican who was cheating on his wife who had cancer. Enough with the D Vs R no matter what shit.

Okay, I can appreciate your honesty here about your own intellectual dishonesty, however, you're wrong in that this where I was coming from. Read the thread.

As it is though, I don't really care because Edwards was about the last person I wanted to see get the VP pick.

So just because you're a partisan hack doesn't mean I am.

My point was that until we hear some kind of outrage from Elizabeth Edwards, I see these kind of "scandals" as none of the publics business.

Oh BTW, I defended Larry Craig here last year when he had his little bathroom incident, even though I don't even like him.

So yeah, am I 'reaching' or is it just that I have higher moral principles than to be easily titillated by the blatant partisanship in these little sex scandals?

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
-snop-

Fern

Okay, I can appreciate your honesty here about your own intellectual dishonesty, however, you're wrong in that this where I was coming from. Read the thread.

As it is though, I don't really care because Edwards was about the last person I wanted to see get the VP pick.

So just because you're a partisan hack doesn't mean I am.

My point was that until we hear some kind of outrage from Elizabeth Edwards, I see these kind of "scandals" as none of the publics business.

Oh BTW, I defended Larry Craig here last year when he had his little bathroom incident, even though I don't even like him.

So yeah, am I 'reaching' or is it just that I have higher moral principles than to be easily titillated by the blatant partisanship in these little sex scandals?

You're making up excuses as to why it's not 'bad'. He's a VP choice, an AG choice, and campaigning for poverty in the public arena. He's the one that preaches about "2 Americas", he's preaching about how people should live. From what it seems, 2 Americas includes 2 women. You have moral principles b/c you think we shouldn't care about the very immoral actions of cheating on your wife who has cancer?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
if someone actually cared about Mrs. Edwards, I'd think the last thing they'd want is for her to have to see her family's private business in the headlines and on the news every day.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You're making up excuses as to why it's not 'bad'. He's a VP choice, an AG choice, and campaigning for poverty in the public arena. He's the one that preaches about "2 Americas", he's preaching about how people should live. From what it seems, 2 Americas includes 2 women. You have moral principles b/c you think we shouldn't care about the very immoral actions of cheating on your wife who has cancer?

You're not terribly bright, are you? What part about 'none of the publics business' confused you?

Such an action of adultery would only be immoral (much less 'very immoral') if it was without his wife's consent. We don't know that, and granted it doesn't look good, but I will withhold judgment until we know for sure.
That's not making up excuses for partisan reasons. I already said I did the exact same for Larry Craig last year. Feel free to search for the thread.
And I already noted that I am not an Edwards fan or supporter, so kindly don't act as if I am.

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002
if someone actually cared about Mrs. Edwards, I'd think the last thing they'd want is for her to have to see her family's private business in the headlines and on the news every day.

You cant honestly tell me that if Edwards was a republican you would be saying the same thing

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

You're not terribly bright, are you? What part about 'none of the publics business' confused you?

Such an action of adultery would only be immoral (much less 'very immoral') if it was without his wife's consent. We don't know that, and granted it doesn't look good, but I will withhold judgment until we know for sure.
That's not making up excuses for partisan reasons. I already said I did the exact same for Larry Craig last year. Feel free to search for the thread.
And I already noted that I am not an Edwards fan or supporter, so kindly don't act as if I am.

And I'm saying it is part of the publics business. Already said why I believe so. What part of that confuses you?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

You cant honestly tell me that if Edwards was a republican you would be saying the same thing

why not?

no laws were broken, and what's more, he's not even a public official.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

And I'm saying it is part of the publics business. Already said why I believe so. What part of that confuses you?

Your completely skewed sense of morality. Do you gossip about your family and friends too?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

I not only would but have. On several occasions.

There's a group of us here who believe that you haven't really experienced ATPN until you've been attacked as being both a Republican AND a Democratic hack on the same day. Bonus points if in the same thread :p

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

Your completely skewed sense of morality. Do you gossip about your family and friends too?

No, I don't gossip about family or friends. Anything else?

nick1985

Lifer
Dec 29, 2002

Are you loki8481?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Then why are you hiding behind the morality of a gossip?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

There's a group of us here who believe that you haven't really experienced ATPN until you've been attacked as being both a Republican AND a Democratic hack on the same day. Bonus points if in the same thread :p

:thumbsup::laugh:

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

Then why are you hiding behind the morality of a gossip?

Gossip is immoral? I already stated why I think it's fair game. Now, you might not agree, I might not really agree deep down....but it's been fair game forever in the media world.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The media is free to publish what they will. That's not the issue here.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: alchemize

Sorry you can't believe another one of your leftie heroes is a scumbag, Craig.

Sorry you're so quick to believe a story like this without corroboration from sources other than documented bullshitters.

Originally posted by: ProfJohn

This story most likely kills his chance of being VP again. True or not Obama would be foolish to take the risk. Plus it would be stupid to risk having his Presidential campaign become derailed down the road by stories similar to this.

True or not??? That's your typical MO. Screw the truth. Spread the FUD, regardless of the facts, regardless of any proof, whatsoever. :roll:

Like it would be any more trusted if it was reported by huffington post or NBC news? :laugh:

No. The Enquirer and Faux are demonstrably non-credible sources. I think NBC News is credible, but if you don't want to believe what you read, there, or on The Huffington Post, find ANY credible source with hard documentation to support such allegations before joining the mud slinging.

Attacking those who challenge the source for this story does nothing to establish the credibility of the source for it, but it goes a long way toward dismantling yours. You're eagerness to spread malicious, hurtful stories like this without a shred of credible proof is pathetic and mean spirited. :thumbsdown: