There's a party! And plenty of Koch! It's 10PM, do you know where your governor is?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Are those shoelaces dangling from your mouth or are you just happy to see me?

"Also, Dean is %100 correct. This applies to more than just the Koch Brothers though.

You want to start a thread about Dems "being sucked off by big business"? Fine, go right ahead, I'd be interested to see who on "the left" rates as hostile to democracy as the Kochs. If you can do it without relying on your typical partisan bullshit and spin you will see my subsequent agreement and denouncement. This thread isn't about your insecurity concerning Democrats, sorry.
Funny thing is, I seem to recall you not having a problem with the disenfranchising of voters back in 2004. In a thread years ago about polling stations shenanigans you replied to me that you didn't have a problem with Republicans sabotaging a Democratic call center for the NH primaries via a phone based method of DOS because you felt the Dems were also breaking the law somehow.
You don't give a rats ass about democracy, as long as Republicans are the ones fvcking the voters. Given your posts in the last several years I doubt your outlook has changed.

You ask too much of them, responding with bullshit is all they do. I think they actually believe they're making some kind of point too! Craig really does have a lot of nerve, bringing up sensationalist crap like this when we could be discussing other more germane issue. Anthony Weiner's dick, for instance.

I will let one of the other posters point out democrats being sucked off by big business and await your arrival to rail against them. There have been plenty of threads about Obama's inner workings with banksters. I am sure you were there front and center complaining about our good president. And the next time a thread pops you will be back to let us see that anger and paranoia come out about democrats.

Your accusation is interesting. I'd like to see a link to that thread.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
No one cares about basement dwelling ideologues like you. Governors, senators, these are positions that bear a little more importance in life than you, sorry.

Get into office, disenfranchise voters by taking money and orders from corporate elites and you'll see that change.

Meanwhile it's okay for the SEIU president and other union leeches to have direct access to Obama and others in this administration as long as it furthers a Democrat agenda, right? Gotcha partner

http://www.atr.org/seiu-president-andy-stern-visits-white-a4152

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Meanwhile it's okay for the SEIU president and other union leeches to have direct access to Obama and others in this administration as long as it furthers a Democrat agenda, right? Gotcha partner

Well if they are polluters of the earth and what they're fighting for is less regulations to allow them pollute more in the interest of making more money, then no it's not ok.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Well if they are polluters of the earth and what they're fighting for is less regulations to allow them pollute more in the interest of making more money, then no it's not ok.
Dems should be okay then, as their big business supporters are mostly currency manipulators or mortgage robber barons or merely in the business of blackmailing those who do pollute (i.e. those who produce things.) (Well, except for GE.)

As Doc Savage Fan points out, it's quite amusing to see this story at the same time as Obama is holding secret DNC donor events in the White House.

Nov 30, 2006
I think it says a lot, none of it flattering, that you would consider that a rant.

From the same vein of stupid that makes Craig's thread a clear indication that he is personally afraid of the Koch Bros.
I was joking around...but tell me, should we take your diversionary response objecting to my semantics in the same 'vein of stupid' as Craig's or as a completely new 'vein of stupid' that you can proudly call your own?

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'm still waiting for the links to dem governors doing the same thing.

As Doc Savage Fan points out, it's quite amusing to see this story at the same time as Obama is holding secret DNC donor events in the White House which Republican Preidents have also done.

fify

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
The usual mantra. Everything is fine as long as it's done to further dimlib objectives. When conservatives do something, howl and whine. Repeat as needed. Wake me up when there is an indication of an actual issue, not the usual blathering of idiots like Madcow or Craig.

Nov 30, 2006
I'm still waiting for the links to dem governors doing the same thing.

fify
I'll be glad to give you links of Soros having private meetings with governors after you explain the difference between Soros and Koch Brothers regarding private meetings with government leaders. You act as if the difference is absurdly obvious...so I imagine that it really shouldn't be too difficult.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Powerful businessmen meeting with government leaders has been SOP in this country since 1776. I personally don't see much difference between George Soros and the Koch Brothers...how about you?

So its SOP, and that makes it OK?

Doesn't matter what political party, if there are secret meetings where political favors are likely promised as quid pro quo for compaign contributions and other political favoritism, then yes, it's a problem. If Soros is doing this very thing, then Soros and the elected officials he's meeting with are equally wrong. Let me know when you verify that he is doing the same thing.

Nov 30, 2006
So its SOP, and that makes it OK?

Doesn't matter what political party, if there are secret meetings where political favors are likely promised as quid pro quo for compaign contributions and other political favoritism, then yes, it's a problem. If Soros is doing this very thing, then Soros and the elected officials he's meeting with are equally wrong. Let me know when you verify that he is doing the same thing.
Meetings are OK...quid pro quo isn't. Soros politically and financially supports his ideologogy and the Koch Brother politically and financially supports their ideologogy...and they both conduct "secret" meetings with government leaders...I fail to see much, if any, difference between the two. Maybe I'm missing something here...if so, please explain.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'll be glad to give you links of Soros having private meetings with governors after you explain the difference between Soros and Koch Brothers regarding private meetings with government leaders. You act as if the difference is absurdly obvious...so I imagine that it really shouldn't be too difficult.

The links will be to secret, not on their schedules, at a Soros private retreat, meetings correct?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I will let one of the other posters point out democrats being sucked off by big business and await your arrival to rail against them. There have been plenty of threads about Obama's inner workings with banksters. I am sure you were there front and center complaining about our good president. And the next time a thread pops you will be back to let us see that anger and paranoia come out about democrats.

Your accusation is interesting. I'd like to see a link to that thread.

You are the epitome of the "broken record" phrase. The thread I mentioned was this one: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1882091&highlight=voting+fraud&page=2
2006, not 2004, mea culpa.

It appears my suspicions on your static, predictable partisan posting behavior was correct. You did in this thread the exact same thing you did in the 2006 one! Reading that thread again was pretty funny. Same kind of "oh yeah well this doesn't count cuz you didn't criticize the Dems!" stupidity there too, despite me calling Dem volunteers who slashed GOP tires "infantile."
The reference to the NH Get Out The Vote 2002 scandal was from a different thread though, which I can't seem to find. I did find another thread with me referencing that to you as a tease though, not sure why I can't find the original thread. Regardless, I know I remember you dismissing the GOPs call center phone assault with, and I'm paraphrasing here, "oh well, it's ok because the Dems do shit like that too."
The thread I linked contains posts from others noting this behavior from you as well, take it for what's it worth.

Oh and before you make assumptions about my post history concerning Obama, why don't you actually check it before denouncing it? I disagree with him plenty, I just don't channel Sean Hannity when I do it. Expanding wire taps? Bullshit! Allowing Mexican truckers to deliver in this country but without following the same rules as US truckers? More bullshit! I've long had a problem with how he's treated the Brits fwiw.

How often he goes to church? What his birth certificate says? What he eats? I'll leave that tripe to you guys thanks.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

You ain't got shit partner, as your assumptions do not my opinion make. Why don't you try to address what I've said instead of the same ol tired sockpuppet routine?

I'm actually a union critic who thinks they have largely outlived their once necessary presence. But I won't divert this thread by humoring your attempt to obfuscate and put words in my mouth.

My god you guys are predictable!

Nov 30, 2006
The links will be to secret, not on their schedules, at a private retreat, meetings correct?
So...that's it? The difference between the two in the acceptability of private meetings with government leaders is that one ideology supports aggressive environmental regulations and the other doesn't....well there you go...it's suddenly all so obvious now...those fucking bastards! ROFL.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
You are the epitome of the "broken record" phrase. The thread I mentioned was this one: http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1882091&highlight=voting+fraud&page=2
2006, not 2004, mea culpa.

It appears my suspicions on your static, predictable partisan posting behavior was correct. You did in this thread the exact same thing you did in the 2006 one! Reading that thread again was pretty funny. Same kind of "oh yeah well this doesn't count cuz you didn't criticize the Dems!" stupidity there too, despite me calling Dem volunteers who slashed GOP tires "infantile."
The reference to the NH Get Out The Vote 2002 scandal was from a different thread though, which I can't seem to find. I did find another thread with me referencing that to you as a tease though, not sure why I can't find the original thread. Regardless, I know I remember you dismissing the GOPs call center phone assault with, and I'm paraphrasing here, "oh well, it's ok because the Dems do shit like that too."
The thread I linked contains posts from others noting this behavior from you as well, take it for what's it worth.

Oh and before you make assumptions about my post history concerning Obama, why don't you actually check it before denouncing it? I disagree with him plenty, I just don't channel Sean Hannity when I do it. Expanding wire taps? Bullshit! Allowing Mexican truckers to deliver in this country but without following the same rules as US truckers? More bullshit! I've long had a problem with how he's treated the Brits fwiw.

How often he goes to church? What his birth certificate says? What he eats? I'll leave that tripe to you guys thanks.

That is a funny thread because it is very similar to this thread. If I cared enough I would love to see if you ever bothered to enter a thread about democrat voter fraud and displayed your anger. Just like I am not really expecting you to ever enter a thread about democrats in bed with big business and blast their actions. I doubt your anger ever showed up in those threads either.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
You ain't got shit partner, as your assumptions do not my opinion make. Why don't you try to address what I've said instead of the same ol tired sockpuppet routine?

I'm actually a union critic who thinks they have largely outlived their once necessary presence. But I won't divert this thread by humoring your attempt to obfuscate and put words in my mouth.

My god you guys are predictable!

My prior response wasn't so much directed at you as it was the faux outrage of the OP and others here. So what? Influential monied interests on both sides trying to push their agendas is as old as the sky is blue. To claim that the Koch brothers are dangerous to democracy is laughable when Soros and the loony left are engaging in the same things for their 'side'. I am center-right and inclined to side more with Republican policies but I have huge disagreements and am on record as saying such in this forum. Also, I despise the extremes of both parties too. But this thread is ridiculous as far as trying to prove anything. Don't be so sensitive.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
So...that's it? The difference between the two in the acceptability of private meetings with government leaders is that one ideology supports aggressive environmental regulations and the other doesn't....well there you go...it's suddenly all so obvious now...those fucking bastards! ROFL.

Didn't think you had links to Dem govs having off the books,"secret" meetings at a Soros retreat. Looks like I'm right.

Nov 30, 2006
Didn't think you had links to Dem govs having off the books,"secret" meetings at a Soros retreat. Looks like I'm right.
You were to show me the difference between Soros and the Koch Brothers in regard to private meetings held with government leaders. You failed to make any rational distinction...instead you point to ideological differences on environmental regulations as if this somehow makes Soros private meetings acceptable and Koch Brother meetings unacceptable.

You have failed to deliver on your end of the bargain.

D-Man

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 1999
I think as soon as we realize that big business owns both parties then we may be able to force the politicians to be serious about doing what there were elected to do and that is to do We the People's bidding. Until we unite we are screwed

Aug 14, 2001
Craig234 type of post: There are children who are dying of starvation. Who the hell cares about the Koch brothers while so many children in the world are starving to death???

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Meetings are OK...quid pro quo isn't. Soros politically and financially supports his ideologogy and the Koch Brother politically and financially supports their ideologogy...and they both conduct "secret" meetings with government leaders...I fail to see much, if any, difference between the two. Maybe I'm missing something here...if so, please explain.

When did Soros conduct secret meetings with elected officials?

But let's say he did, so what? That would be two wrongs instead of one. Sounds like you're trying to justify one on the basis of another.

You did say quid pro quo is not OK. Well it seems to me if there is no quid pro quo and they're really just having a beer and shooting the breeze, then they shouldn't have any problem disclosing who they're meeting with, should they?

Nov 30, 2006
When did Soros conduct secret meetings with elected officials?
The reason I quoted the words "secret" was to emphasize the loaded rhetoric being used. Soros met with Obama on numerous occasions that could be construed as "secret". For example, we now know after-the-fact that Soros visited the WH at least twice during the first 9 months of Obama's presidency. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33556933/ns/politics-white_house/t/obama-names-white-house-visitors/
Who knows what they discussed during their "secret" meetings....maybe they talked about One World Government...yikes!

But let's say he did, so what? That would be two wrongs instead of one. Sounds like you're trying to justify one on the basis of another.
I don't view this as two wrongs...I don't have a problem with business leaders meeting with government leaders. I think it's important that our elected representatives understand all perspectives to the complex issues they must deal with.

You did say quid pro quo is not OK. Well it seems to me if there is no quid pro quo and they're really just having a beer and shooting the breeze, then they shouldn't have any problem disclosing who they're meeting with, should they?
I imagine there are many legitimate issues and concerns being discussed. No, I don't have any problem with disclosure...in fact I think it should be required by law.

Last edited:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Rich Republicans = Bad (They earned their money by exploiting people and the earth, etc.)

Rich Democrats = Good (They earned their money by exploiting people and the earth, etc., but they're Democrats so it's all good.)