There is no Al-Qaeda (remove tinfoil hats)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Forsythe
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
If you want to know about al Qaeda, read their training manual.

I'm guessing you haven't watched the video...
I don't have the time to sit for an hour at this moment to watch what I imagine is, like most of the crap that flows from informationclearinghouse, a film shot on tin-foil through the clouded and distorted lens of the left.

If I have time to view examples of revisionist history and superficial commentary later on today I'll watch it just to exercise my eye-rolls.
Lets see, you're the one who believes in a worldwide conspiracy of terrorists, that are trying to hunt down and kill every american because they do not want freedom. Who's wearing the tinfoil?
:roll:

With weak comprehension skills such as yours, who needs truth? No wonder the left is so fscked up with folks like you yanking their chains and distorting the viewpoints of anyone that might disagree with your idealist crapola.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
It was the Jooooooooos! And of course the Illuminati.

Boy we really suck at becoming fasicts and imperialists. And we are horrible at genocide. I mean, using 2,000 lb GPS guided bombs? That's gonna get really expensive at 20 brown skinned people per pop. How hard can it be?

Where's my kickback from the GOP? I'm part of the VRWC...

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004

I don't have the time to sit for an hour at this moment to watch what I imagine is, like most of the crap that flows from informationclearinghouse, a film shot on tin-foil through the clouded and distorted lens of the left.

If I have time to view examples of revisionist history and superficial commentary later on today I'll watch it just to exercise my eye-rolls.
Lets see, you're the one who believes in a worldwide conspiracy of terrorists, that are trying to hunt down and kill every american because they do not want freedom. Who's wearing the tinfoil?

With weak comprehension skills such as yours, who needs truth? No wonder the left is so fscked up with folks like you yanking their chains and distorting the viewpoints of anyone that might disagree with your idealist crapola.

What are you talking about? The distorted lens of the left? You're the one way far one the right, to you, everything i liberally biased. And you haven't even watched it.
This is a major documentary shot by the BBC, perhaps the best news service in the world. And to say it's biased would be plain wrong.

And why attack me if you're just degrading me, there's no reason to just attack me, that doesn't make any impression on me. I've lived with people like you all my life.Find some goddamned arguments instead...

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: alchemize

Boy we really suck at becoming fasicts and imperialists. And we are horrible at genocide. I mean, using 2,000 lb GPS guided bombs? That's gonna get really expensive at 20 brown skinned people per pop. How hard can it be?

Wtf are yo talking about? Jews and illuminati? I tel you, tomb raider is a baaaad movie! Do not watch it.

I just think it's sad when i see a picture like this that seems to let people believe that Bush is somehow a new savior, or christ, for doing something everybody would have done. And who's he saving his your ass from? People who hate freedom??? Give me a break. There are some extremist muslims that hate people because they don't have the right morals, which they feel they do (Sound familiar?). And feel they are right to follow their Quran. And by invading a country, and i removing a dictator, in the worst way possible, and thereby killing relatives of people who will then become extremists because the evil Usa is a nation of evil terrorists that hate muslims, and thereby creating more people willing to ´blow themselves up, or subject themselves to a dictator to fight the infidels! If that's "saving your ass" ... People are stupid, you just have to figure out how to deal with it. In an ideal world, it would have worked, not in this one.

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004

And who's saying that your fascists and imperialists? People still have some smarts, just dropping a nuke would certainly make people turn against you, even your own. I'm not saying you are trying to commit genocide, i'm saying your stupid. The genocide thing i would be able to deal with...

Sep 12, 2004

What are you talking about? The distorted lens of the left? You're the one way far one the right, to you, everything i liberally biased. And you haven't even watched it.
I'm not far right at all. I'm a lefty as a matter of fact. The only difference is I'm a realist and not an idealist chocked so full of lofty idealism that my eyes are brown.

This is a major documentary shot by the BBC, perhaps the best news service in the world. And to say it's biased would be plain wrong.
It was a documentary of three parts shot by Adam Curtis. His primary theme is that al Qaeda does not exist, that there are no sleeper cells, that it had no organization or leadership, and that the name "al Qaeda" didn't even exist until 2001. Well if that's true then somebodt better tell Richard Clarke and Bill Clinton they are full of sh!t because both claimed al Qaeda was a big concern of the Clinton administration throughout the 90s.

Making wild claims does not a documentary make, as Michael Moore so vividly demonstrated.

And why attack me if you're just degrading me, there's no reason to just attack me, that doesn't make any impression on me. I've lived with people like you all my life.Find some goddamned arguments instead...
Don't even attempt to take the position of victim while you mangle and twist my viewpoints, pretending as if you haven't attacked me previously with your distortional bs. And you haven't lived with people like me because if you had you'd be a damn sight smarter than you're acting right now.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002

Wtf are yo talking about? Jews and illuminati? I tel you, tomb raider is a baaaad movie! Do not watch it.

I just think it's sad when i see a picture like this that seems to let people believe that Bush is somehow a new savior, or christ, for doing something everybody would have done. And who's he saving his your ass from? People who hate freedom??? Give me a break. There are some extremist muslims that hate people because they don't have the right morals, which they feel they do (Sound familiar?). And feel they are right to follow their Quran. And by invading a country, and i removing a dictator, in the worst way possible, and thereby killing relatives of people who will then become extremists because the evil Usa is a nation of evil terrorists that hate muslims, and thereby creating more people willing to ´blow themselves up, or subject themselves to a dictator to fight the infidels! If that's "saving your ass" ... People are stupid, you just have to figure out how to deal with it. In an ideal world, it would have worked, not in this one.

BBC Bias:

The BBC Bias Report

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/002702.php

"Some of the breaches are in our view quite glaring. At times, by a mere selection or omission of facts, the BBC provides a report which portrays the very opposite of the truth. Frequently the BBC report is misleading. At times it appears to invent material to suit its own bias."

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Alistar7

BBC Bias:

The BBC Bias Report

http://www.windsofchange.net/archives/002702.php

"Some of the breaches are in our view quite glaring. At times, by a mere selection or omission of facts, the BBC provides a report which portrays the very opposite of the truth. Frequently the BBC report is misleading. At times it appears to invent material to suit its own bias."

A conclusion by TWO lawyers is your proof of BBC bias?

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
It was a documentary of three parts shot by Adam Curtis. His primary theme is that al Qaeda does not exist, that there are no sleeper cells, that it had no organization or leadership, and that the name "al Qaeda" didn't even exist until 2001. Well if that's true then somebodt better tell Richard Clarke and Bill Clinton they are full of sh!t because both claimed al Qaeda was a big concern of the Clinton administration throughout the 90s.

Making wild claims does not a documentary make, as Michael Moore so vividly demonstrated.

Can you please point out where Adam Curtis said al Qaeda dows not exist?

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Sultan

Can you please point out where I state that Adam Curtis says al Qaeda does not exist? Notice the bolded part in my quotes above?

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004

Can you please point out where I state that Adam Curtis says al Qaeda does not exist? Notice the bolded part in my quotes above?

The first signs i can find of al-qaeda is after 98', which supports what the video says. Not that it first existed after 2001, as you say. He says that Bin Laden didn't mention Al-Qaeda untill after 9-11. Goddamn, just watch the video and learn the facts of what the government attempted to do to catch terrorists.
What he says, is that Al-Qaeda as a major interconnected terrorist organisation does not exist.

And you say his primary theme is... blah blah, where do you get that from?

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
And i'm not playing the victim, i'm just tired of people calling me an idiot or such instead of argumenting. I don't give a rats a.ss about what you call me.

Sep 12, 2004

The first signs i can find of al-qaeda is after 98', which supports what the video says. Not that it first existed after 2001, as you say. He says that Bin Laden didn't mention Al-Qaeda untill after 9-11. Goddamn, just watch the video and learn the facts of what the government attempted to do to catch terrorists.
What he says, is that Al-Qaeda as a major interconnected terrorist organisation does not exist.

From here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terr...,12780,1327904,00.html

And now you're arguing that they do exist after you start a thread titled There is no Al-Qaeda (remove tinfoil hats). Were you merely being sensational with your title? It doesn't seem so because you reiterate the statement in the body of your OP:

The message of this doc is that there is no major conspiracy of terrorists, there is no Al-Qaeda*, nobody is trying to kill you, nobody hates freedom (except the ones you showed your freedom in Iraq, by sodomixing them with broomsticks and such) so take off your tinfoil-hats, and watch this.

Are you done trying to jerk me around now?

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004

From here:

And now you're arguing that they do exist after you start a thread titled There is no Al-Qaeda (remove tinfoil hats). Were you merely being sensational with your title? It doesn't seem so because you reiterate the statement in the body of your OP:

The message of this doc is that there is no major conspiracy of terrorists, there is no Al-Qaeda*, nobody is trying to kill you, nobody hates freedom (except the ones you showed your freedom in Iraq, by sodomixing them with broomsticks and such) so take off your tinfoil-hats, and watch this.

I'm not jerking you around. I am referring to Al-Qaeda as a worldwide conspiracy, which Bush certainly thinks it is, does not exist. And yes, i was being sensational with the title, i'd like this to get alot of "publicity".

But i was referring to your attempt to discredit Curtis, by saying that it had no leadership and that he said it didn't exist until post 9/11. The earliest evidence i could find of al-qaeda was 1998, after the uss cole explosion. It's all explained in the video.

Btw, why didn't you respond, or anyone else for that matter, to all the things i've written, you skip many things and point out one thing. I hate it when i can't get a debate going, or when the debate i try to get going dies on subjects that has no matter at all...

Forsythe

Platinum Member
May 2, 2004
Reading through the posts i prolly should have made that clear, sorry for that mistake! (regarding the title of the thread.)

The fact is that Al-Qaeda is a small group of people. It's not a big worldwide network on agents and cells inactive and active.

The video shows Bush and Rumsfeld lying point blanc' several times. (Atleast Bush several sry)

Sep 12, 2004
al Qaeda is a loose affiliation of terrorist groups and al Qaeda is more like a management or consulting group than the actual instruments of destruction, which provides bin Laden with a degree of separation which in the past has assisted with him denying culpability. These disparate Islamist terrorist groups are not united under the umbrella of al Qaeda, they are united uder the umbrella of fundamentalist Islam. Still, they deal with each other, trust each other (to a point), and al Qaeda has funding which bin Laden spreads around to these groups to finance their operations.

However, for Curtis or anyone else to claim that al Qaeda doesn't actually exist so the problem doesn't actually exist is completely foolish. The objective of fundamentalist Islamists is to spread their brand of Islam around the world and install Islam as the basis for government everywhere, squashing liberty and freedom in the process. They do not only want the mid-east, they want the entire world and it's their stated goal. They are making headway too as anyone who is truly up on international affairs and news should well know. Maybe some in here don't care if that happens or would rather leave it for their children or their children's children to deal with? I don't agree with that concept and the problem needs to be nipped in the bud right here and now. If not we only leave it for future generations to deal with when it will be much more difficult to fight.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002

From here:

I dont think you want to watch the documentary, and you are only trying to deter people from watching it. No where in the documentary did I get the impression that the theme is Al-Qaeda does not exist. If you watched the documentary and extrapolated that theme, you have a wild imagination. And if you did not watch it, please dont falsify about the theme of the documentary.

And to personally attack the OP is wrong. He is the messenger, he just provided the link to the documentary. You can discuss the CONTENT of the documentary, rather than attack him and his words. He did not make the documentary.

Sultan

Banned
Feb 21, 2002
However, for Curtis or anyone else to claim that al Qaeda doesn't actually exist so the problem doesn't actually exist is completely foolish

First it was a theme, now it is a claim? :)

Sep 12, 2004
I dont think you want to watch the documentary, and you are only trying to deter people from watching it. No where in the documentary did I get the impression that the theme is Al-Qaeda does not exist. If you watched the documentary and extrapolated that theme, you have a wild imagination. And if you did not watch it, please dont falsify about the theme of the documentary.
Did you read the link from the Guardian I provided that talked about the premise of the film? Were they just making stuff up too. I suppose they didn't watch it either. :roll:

And to personally attack the OP is wrong. He is the messenger, he just provided the link to the documentary. You can discuss the CONTENT of the documentary, rather than attack him and his words. He did not make the documentary.
The topic starter began the attack first with his gross bastardization of one of my viewpoints. If he doesn't want to be attacked I suggest he not start it in the first place. The same goes for you.

dardin211

Oct 3, 2002
The objective of fundamentalist Islamists is to spread their brand of Islam around the world and install Islam as the basis for government everywhere, squashing liberty and freedom in the process.

Sure sounds a lot like the current goals of neoconservaties as well.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: dardin211
The objective of fundamentalist Islamists is to spread their brand of Islam around the world and install Islam as the basis for government everywhere, squashing liberty and freedom in the process.

Sure sounds a lot like the current goals of neoconservaties as well.
Really? Show me some trends. I don't see the neocons trying to install a Christian government in Afghanistan or Iraq, so your comment is pretty much nothing more than empty hyperbole.

dababus

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: dababus
excellent documentary.........

I wish I can download it......

Open in real player - go to file>clip properties>view clip info> copy the url there into frontpage and then > preview the page and right click and save as ;)

Here - right click and save as - should work
http://images.indymedia.org/im.../power_nightmares_3.rm

Tried it but didn't work for me. :(

please post links to part one and part two here so I can download. thanks. :)