There ain't no stupid like Texas stupid...

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Apparently Texas is going to pay for the wall

It would be funnier if it weren't so sad at how the GOP routinely fucks over its constituency. Sadly, the rest of us are along for the ride too.

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly I am fine with this, if Texas wants a wall they can build, staff and maintain that wall.
I don’t want to be dragged into maintaining or staffing a wall that will be defeated. If Texas and Texas voters want one they can go for it.

Reactions: hal2kilo

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
You understand that voting GOP is voting for climate change deniers, yes?

No. Some are and some are not deniers...

It's possible for a comment to be both sarcastic and stupid. At the very least, to be sarcastic in such an obscure way that nobody knows what point you are attempting to sarcastically make, is kind of stupid.

What was he being sarcastic _about_?

You didn't watch the video obviously or you would know.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
No. Some are and some are not deniers...

It's 90% one way really when you look at policy. Anytime you even mention renewable energy, electric car infrastructure, they just go apeshit. Remember your party's cult leader keeps saying windmills, aka wind turbines, cause cancer. That is how fucking low IQ your party is on this issue.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Honestly I am fine with this, if Texas wants a wall they can build, staff and maintain that wall.
I don’t want to be dragged into maintaining or staffing a wall that will be defeated. If Texas and Texas voters want one they can go for it.
They want to build a wall but not spend money to winterize their energy grid.
Bunch of dumb asses.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
It's 90% one way really when you look at policy. Anytime you even mention renewable energy, electric car infrastructure, they just go apeshit. Remember your party's cult leader keeps saying windmills, aka wind turbines, cause cancer. That is how fucking low IQ your party is on this issue.

90% right.

What orifice did you pick that number out of?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
THANK GOD it can't be done or these Trumpies would have us flinging into the sun.

Actually, I'm beginning to believe people like this say shit only two piss the media off, and piss democrats off. I think that they think if they can get democrats all riled up we democrats will eventually implode. There is an antidote to their insane ramblings, it's called just ignore them. Just ignore them, available in the large economy pack, and believe me you'll need it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Texas joining Florida in banning businesses from asking for vaccination information. Party of small government, amirite?
Blue states should band together and pass voting laws asking for proof of vax to vote and watch the fun as repubs try to argue why they disagree.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Reminds me of the times when bill oreilly said tide goes out tide goes in you cannot explain that
meiO2xY.jpg

lol

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
They want to build a wall but not spend money to winterize their energy grid.
Bunch of dumb asses.
And complain when making room for that wall leaves them susceptible to flooding during hurricane season.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
read about this earlier, the response was basically 'we'll get back to you later', probably much later, like centuries later.

Or as the Russians would say regarding controversial art, "We promise to consider the possibility..."

Racan

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2012
His stupidity aside, moving the Earth to maintain habitability as the sun expands in hundreds of millions of years isn't completely impossible:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Right up there with injecting bleach into covid patients, Trumpie's live on camera aside to his medical assistance, not tongue in cheek, just his display of OMG ignorance concerning the issues. Poster boy incompetence. How do these people get elected? Only by an electorate that's OMG stupid.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
You see, they just have to rake the forests and that would shift the mass enough to change Earth's orbit. It would also prevent forest fires.
But it would decrease the resistance of the earth to the wind, resulting in the earth rotating faster and faster until people get so dizzy they can't think. Hey, I just discovered a propaganda tool I can maybe sell to Putin's oligarchy and the Republicans'. You saw it here first, I have the patent.

Reactions: MtnMan

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Astronomers have long observed that the Earth's moon is slowly drifting away, moving about an inch away every year.
Aha! See Romeo and Juliet before it's totally obsolete.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
And.... THIS
(June 16 2021)
"Texas GOP governor signs permit-free gun carrying legislation"

Why not simply stick a gun in every newborn's mouth, and go from there? :rolleyes:

gun-mouth_480x480.jpg

Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Was in Texas couple months after President Kennedy was shot dead in Dallas, waving howdy to Texans. Visited the Grassy Knoll. Haven't set foot there since, have no plans to do so.