Them hockey-mom clothes are expensive.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: Rainsford
Originally posted by: JD50
It's nice to see people so focused on the real issues this election.

Because up until this point, that has TOTALLY been the main topic of discussion.

I remember very vividly the Dems accusing the Republicans of nitpicking, distractions, and DUHversions back when Obama first made his way into the spotlight. Now here you all are, talking about how money the RNC spent on clothes for Gov. Palin. Both sides are ridiculous hypocrites.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: seemingly random
Repugs are getting more stupid by the minute.

Self-immolating hypocrites.

Kind of like you calling someone else a blind partisan in another thread?

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

No, I think the democrits can be pretty stupid also. It's just that the current champions are the repugs - of which I assume you associate yourself with.

Repugs claim to be the fiscally responsible party. Can you, with a straight face, say they are? We continue to get more examples daily. I imagine you're very proud.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

No, I think the democrits can be pretty stupid also. It's just that the current champions are the repugs - of which I assume you associate yourself with.

Repugs claim to be the fiscally responsible party. Can you, with a straight face, say they are? We continue to get more examples daily. I imagine you're very proud.

Why would you assume that I think that Republicans are fiscally responsible? Have you been hiding under a rock for the last couple of years? The Republicans lack of fiscal responsibility is the main reason why many Republicans like myself have all but abandoned the Republican party. I thought everyone knew this by now?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Ya know as much as I dislike Palin, she is most likely unaware of the costs of the clothing and make-up artist. The campaign is to blame. they probably told her 'Here, put this on' without telling her the true cost of the items. It all boils down to appearances. They wanted her to look good and cost was not a factor.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: dawp
Ya know as much as I dislike Palin, she is most likely unaware of the costs of the clothing and make-up artist. The campaign is to blame. they probably told her 'Here, put this on' without telling her the true cost of the items. It all boils down to appearances. They wanted her to look good and cost was not a factor.
No doubt, her Babe factor probably had as much or more to do with picking her as McCain's running mate than anything else as it's obvious they didn't spend much time vetting her.

seemingly random

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2007

Why would you assume that I think that Republicans are fiscally responsible? Have you been hiding under a rock for the last couple of years? The Republicans lack of fiscal responsibility is the main reason why many Republicans like myself have all but abandoned the Republican party. I thought everyone knew this by now?
Amazing. There seems to be one thing we agree on.

Where are you going? Starting a new party? Kicking the fundies to the curb?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
She also spent $750 on a purse for her 7 year old daughter. Something is wrong with that. This is what the RNC's money is being spent on?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari
She also spent $750 on a purse for her 7 year old daughter. Something is wrong with that. This is what the RNC's money is being spent on?

It's illegal.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Boy, are they ever tossing this hot potato(e) back and forth :laugh:

The Guv sez they are essentially a prop (like the stage - heh heh). The McCain campaign sez the RNC did it. The RNC sez they wouldn't have done it without direction from the McCain campaign.

Looks like no one will 'fess up.

Republicans New Motto: ""I didn't do it!""

(not a surprise - they haven't taken responsibility for anything the last 8 years)