The Zidane Headbutt Collage

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: BD2003

Where is that final fantasy song from? I know its not a FF game, but sounds so familiar...

M4H identified it earlier, it's from Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

BD2003

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
Originally posted by: BD2003

Where is that final fantasy song from? I know its not a FF game, but sounds so familiar...

M4H identified it earlier, it's from Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

Ahh..so it is. :p

amol

Lifer
Jul 8, 2001
Originally posted by: IAteYourMother
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: ricochet
You have to admit without that headbutt Zidane won't be as famous as he is now. This will go down as one of the most "WTF moments" in World Cup history.

no, frankly, I don't. he scored 3 goals and won the golden ball. the headbutt is just an aside.

no, it's not. it's the only thing that will make this World Cup barely well known in the history of World Cups

Zidane is already famous in the football world. This just made him famous among people who saw only the World Cup final or don't watch much soccer and saw the play.

Also, the fact that this World Cup went to PKs, and that Italy won despite the scandals back home, are also memorable things about this world cup. There has only been 18 of them.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Amol
You have to admit without that headbutt Zidane won't be as famous as he is now. This will go down as one of the most "WTF moments" in World Cup history.

no, frankly, I don't. he scored 3 goals and won the golden ball. the headbutt is just an aside.

no, it's not. it's the only thing that will make this World Cup barely well known in the history of World Cups

Zidane is already famous in the football world. This just made him famous among people who saw only the World Cup final or don't watch much soccer and saw the play.

Also, the fact that this World Cup went to PKs, and that Italy won despite the scandals back home, are also memorable things about this world cup. There has only been 18 of them.

what does the bolded part have to do with my post? I'm saying that the headbutt will be remembered, also it's not what will define Zidane's career. It's what will be what defines this world cup. Why? 20 years from now, I'm sure most people will just think to themselves, "Hey remember that World Cup 20 years ago? You mean the one where Zidane headbutted that Italian? Yeah, that was awesome"

You really think that this World Cup was memorable because Italy won despite scandals at home?

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001

Umm, there was an audience of >1 Billion, so your statement is complete bollocks.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: DivideBYZero

Umm, there was an audience of >1 Billion, so your statement is complete bollocks.

There was an audience of >1 billion simply because it was a World Cup. What he's saying is that there was nothing in this World Cup to make it stand out from other world cups, besides the headbutt.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Aflac

There was an audience of >1 billion simply because it was a World Cup. What he's saying is that there was nothing in this World Cup to make it stand out from other world cups, besides the headbutt.

I know. I'm being a rude bastard. Leave me alone.

Jan 31, 2002

Ok, what made the 1986 World Cup so memorable? The great games? The riots in the streets? Or the Hand of God? :p

Face it, 2006 is the Year of the Headbutt - and I will be greatly disappointed if it's not incorporated into the next FIFA video game. :D

- M4H

Smartazz

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Doboji
When I first read this thread I saw:

"The Zidane Headbutt College"

I thought... what a fantastic idea... How to beat up pansy footballers with your head!

GENIUS!

-Max

lmao, nice mistake.

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
With all the videogame reference you'd think someone would make one with Bonk from the TurboGfx 16.