The worst feeling

deepred98

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Reaching for your wallet to find nothing there...

So i went to see Transformers (which was awesome btw) with a friend and after the movie my friend drove me back to his house where i left my car. So we were gonna go chill with some other friends and i decided to go get some food on the way there. I walk into Chic-fil-lay (sp?) and reach to my back pocket... a long stream of naughty words crossed my mind. Needless to say i was freaking out.

So i mentally go through the possible places i could have left it: the theaters (worst case) or my friends car (best case). Well life is gay so it wasn't in my friends car.

I rushed back to the theaters, driving with no license (I wasn't even supposed to drive there by myself since ive only had my license for a week, so my mom was yelling at me through the phone) , freaking out.

Got to the theaters but the next show had already started so i couldn't really see. I left my phone number with one of the ushers.

god i'm really tired

ive got to admit though, the awesomeness of Transformers pretty much makes up for this suckass feeling and realization that i made some really bad decisions tonight :D.

anyways just had to get that off my back

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
I did that once at a bar. Had to drive back only half drunk though to get my wallet.

Always wise to call first.

Atheus

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2005
So you're not getting it back today? Did it have credit cards? Cancel them.

Compnewbie01

Aug 8, 2005
If I were you, I'd feel worse about eating at a Chic-Fil-A. They had one on my college campus and I worked there part time. Job wasn't as bad as you would think, but working in fast food gives you a new experience on it...DON'T EAT IT!
t

deepred98

Golden Member
Sep 3, 2005
Originally posted by: Compnewbie01
If I were you, I'd feel worse about eating at a Chic-Fil-A. They had one on my college campus and I worked there part time. Job wasn't as bad as you would think, but working in fast food gives you a new experience on it...DON'T EAT IT!
t

yeah i work at a subway and have the same feeling about that. but i like chickfillay so don't tell me what really goes in the chicken ;)

yeah i already cancelled my check card (wells fargo has suprisingly nice customer service imo) and i don't think i have to worry about identity theft because... well... i'm 16 not old enough to have credit or anything (the wells fargo guy told me the same thing so meh)

i'm just pissed right now because this is like the 3rd time i've lost my wallet. i really need to keep it in my front pocket

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: deepred98
Well life is gay so it wasn't in my friends car.

[whistle]
Flag on the play.

Inappropriate choice of descriptor.

10 yard penalty. Loss of karma.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Make it a habit to check all your pockets from time to time, especially whenever you stand up. I just discretely tap my pockets to make sure that the cellphone, car keys, and wallet are all still there, and I do so often.

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
I did that about a month ago at a Home Depot check out line, especially bad because I had approx 400 USD in my wallet. It was on the seat in my car, thank god.

Daishiki

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2001
Lots of times leaving work. As long as I don't forget it after leaving the building. Everything gets locked down at the hour I'm off, so I have to wait for other people leaving to get back up to my floor.

PhoenixOrion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2004
My wife has the worst reaction ever to such a situation.

She FREAKS out almost to the point of crying, only for me to calm her down and point her pocketbook or handbag is right next to her or in the other room.

Mr Incognito

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2007
Shit happens man. You are going to make some much worse decisions in the near(ish) future.

But yah, just cancel any cards (you shouldn't have any being under 18 and all but I think there are debit cards for youths now a days.) and hope someone is nice enough to take the money and return the wallet (or even just return the wallet).

neutralizer

Lifer
Oct 4, 2001
I usually do a pocket check when I leave somewhere, but usually I can feel my cellphone and wallet through my pants, but that's because I keep them in the front pocket. I can't feel anything in my back pockets.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: deepred98
Originally posted by: Compnewbie01
t

yeah i work at a subway and have the same feeling about that. but i like chickfillay so don't tell me what really goes in the chicken ;)

yeah i already cancelled my check card (wells fargo has suprisingly nice customer service imo) and i don't think i have to worry about identity theft because... well... i'm 16 not old enough to have credit or anything (the wells fargo guy told me the same thing so meh)

i'm just pissed right now because this is like the 3rd time i've lost my wallet. i really need to keep it in my front pocket

you should have kept it in your front pocket after the 1st time you lost it. ;)

that really sucks. i hope it's found and returned to you.

Jahee

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2006
Originally posted by: PhoenixOrion
My wife has the worst reaction ever to such a situation.

She FREAKS out almost to the point of crying, only for me to calm her down and point her pocketbook or handbag is right next to her or in the other room.

Urgh!! My girlfriend is the same, even if she's misplaced something in her own room! She acts like its grown legs and run away from her and starts throwing things around saying "omg i've lost it" when really its just under a fold in her duvet or something :roll:.
Makes me wanna kill her!