The world's most bootlegged mp3 is:_______?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
Ace of Base - I saw the sign

Look at anyone's collection, that song will be in there.

I've never heard of it, as far as I can remember

I think it will be NSYNC or BACKSTREET BOYS or something worth bootlegging, and not buying :D

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: daveman
Originally posted by: ed21x
Baby Got Back - Weird Al

I was thinking Baby Got Back also, but not the wierd Al version. I cant remember the black dudes name that did the original one. Wierd Al did a paroty song to it talking about white girls flat asses.

It's spelled WEIRD dammit!

And secondly, a parody song does NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN that it's WEIRD Al Yankovic who is responsible.

:|

</rant>

- M4H

daveman

Golden Member
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Baby Got Back - Weird Al

I was thinking Baby Got Back also, but not the wierd Al version. I cant remember the black dudes name that did the original one. Wierd Al did a paroty song to it talking about white girls flat asses.

And secondly, a parody song does NOT AUTOMATICALLY MEAN that it's WEIRD Al Yankovic who is responsible.

</rant>

- M4H

ya dumb mofo it was Wierd Al that did that parody song. And who gives a sh!t how we spell wierd.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
MetallicA. Hell, they're the most searched for on web search engines for many years.

amndouglas

Aug 17, 2001
Baby Got Back - Weird Al

You're thinking of Sir Mixalot.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: PizzaDude
Originally posted by: fyleow
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard

worst song ever
And she's probably a millionaire. That $#!T baffles me too. It's the single most annoying song on the radio, I swear.

Ness

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2002
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire
Baby Got Back - Weird Al

</rant>

- M4H

ya dumb mofo it was Wierd Al that did that parody song. And who gives a sh!t how we spell wierd.

ya dumb mofo, no it wasn't. Weird Al would NEVER do a song like that. Sorry to break it to you, but you are an idiot.

http://www.weirdal.com/catalog.htm

KnickNut3

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2001
It is definitely post-1998. More people download the current hottest song, not older songs. It's definitely going to be a teeny-bopper pop song, something that the most common clientele (sp?) of file swapping listens to, and that was huge on the charts. I'm going to err on the 1999-2001 side, because the big legal battles have scared some away (although iPod has attracted others, so who knows). I'm also thinking first track off of second album, since that seems to be when artists hit their peak of popularity (highly anticipated, yet people haven't gotten sick of them yet).

My guesses:

Eminem - The Real Slim Shady
Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again
NSYNC - Bye Bye Bye
Backstreet Boys - I Want It That Way
Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic was huge, although a bit pre-MP3)

And, if MP3 use is actually still increasing at a rate that would counter my other factors:

Outkast - Hey Ya
Eminem - Without Me
...Blegh.. I'm going to stay with the songs from groups with HUGE followings of 1999-2002