The Witcher 2, Pre-Order Trailer

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
If you never completed the first one will you be lost with the second or you can just take off and play it?

I have the first one but can't get into it...after 4 tries...

snewdle

May 17, 2010
It will be interesting to see if the developer's public statements regarding their intent to crack down on pirating of the game are credible. If it is, the legal costs for doing so will likely be through the roof.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Hopefully this one won't make me motion sick

All I can say is 'eeewww Play.com'. Never had a positive experience with them.

I have ordered from them loads of times,never had any issues :).

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Question here: I never got into the first game...but this one look really nice. Is it a "prerequisite" to have finished the first game to play this one or anyone can jump in and play The Witcher 2?

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
Question here: I never got into the first game...but this one look really nice. Is it a "prerequisite" to have finished the first game to play this one or anyone can jump in and play The Witcher 2?

How are we going to know? It hasn't been released yet.

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000

You should be able to jump into "The Witcher 2" however playing the first one gives you a good idea of the main character etc....

Btw I changed my CE version to Signature version from Play.com(better value for money for what you get ).

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
I am so stoked for this. I literally just started playing The Witcher a few weeks ago, and it's quite possibly the best fantasy-style RPG I've ever played. Everything about it - the storyline, the characters, the combat, and the beautiful graphics - simply excellent. But mostly the storyline and narrative. This is probably the reason why I can't get into games like Oblivion and Dragon Age... they're just not interesting enough.

I for one cannot understand why Dragon Age receives so much attention but I rarely hear people talk about The Witcher. Dragon Age and it sequel are not very appealing to me. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
The trailer wasn't very good, but I'm sure the game will be great. I loved the first Witcher, for all of its faults.